PDA

View Full Version : CMP and FedEx

Cato
09-04-2009, 7:52 PM
I have a stock set and a barrel arriving on Tuesday. Does anyone know if those items require a signature or an adult to recieve them? When I got my rifles, I had to be there. Will Fed Ex just leave them on my doorstep since it's gun parts and not a complete rifle?

Richie Caketown
09-04-2009, 8:44 PM
depends on how they were shipped and who shipped them

ledman
09-04-2009, 11:00 PM
I work for FedEx, if they didn't send it signature required, they will leave it, or your neighbor can sign for it or if you live in a apt bldg, the rental offices usually take them and sign for it. It's just parts, BUT, as Richie stated, it all depends on how the CMP sent it.

reidnez
09-04-2009, 11:51 PM
You can try leaving a note on your door requesting that it be left with a neighbor (who will be home), or the office. I do that and they have always honored it--I hate coming back after being away from home all day and finding an expensive box just sitting in front of my door where anyone could grab it. :mad:

ledman
09-05-2009, 1:36 AM
You can try leaving a note on your door requesting that it be left with a neighbor (who will be home), or the office. I do that and they have always honored it--I hate coming back after being away from home all day and finding an expensive box just sitting in front of my door where anyone could grab it. :mad:

O yeah, that too...note is good, but like you said, your stuff just sits out there all day:mad:

TRICKSTER
09-05-2009, 1:35 PM
CMP usually has firearms parts and ammo sent "signature required".
If you check your tracking info on Fedex, it should indicate if it requires a signature.

Cato
09-05-2009, 9:59 PM
CMP usually has firearms parts and ammo sent "signature required".
If you check your tracking info on Fedex, it should indicate if it requires a signature.

It doesn't say "sig required." I hope Fed Ex can just drop it off on my doorstep. My porch is situated where it's pretty safe and you have to go through my gate to get on the property. I don't want to leave it with my neighbor who I'll have to lie and say my order is "sports equipment." My neighbors aren't aware of my "hobby!" :eek:

ocabj
09-06-2009, 7:18 AM
Every gun I've ordered from the CMP was signature required. If you won't be home, you should call Fedex and have them reroute to your nearest Fedex/Kinkos that takes in Express deliveries. Then you can go to that location with photo ID showing the address the package is being delivered to in order to retrieve the package. I've done this several times.

Cato
09-12-2009, 11:41 PM
*UPDATE*

Signature wasn't required! I'm relieved since I don't have to drive to their transit center and pick up my gear!

ledman
09-13-2009, 11:53 AM
*UPDATE*

Signature wasn't required! I'm relieved since I don't have to drive to their transit center and pick up my gear!

so the just left the stuff on the porch I am sure. Seeing it was just gear, and not a rifle, thats why there was no sig required, as FedEx charges a small fee for a sig required delivery. Glad you got your stuff! I am sure if it was UPS, they would have lost it:kest:

Cato
09-13-2009, 6:07 PM
I'm not really worried about it getting stolen. I'm in a really safe neighborhood, my porch is out of sight of passerbys, and I get home pretty early. I bet there's a bigger chance of it getting stolen by FedEx employees than folks around town.

One of my Garands I missed the FedEx guy and had to drive to Highland Park through traffic at 4pm. That was a pain!