PDA

View Full Version : Shooting near Arden Fair in Sacramento

Argonaut
09-04-2009, 10:25 AM
Does anyone know anything about the shooting near Arden Fair in Sacramento earlier this week? The news said that 3 guys were having an altercation with another guy outside his apartment......they all went into his apartment and he shot (killed) all 3.....The shooter was not arrested. There has to be more to the story.

joeyriv
09-04-2009, 10:29 AM
The guy was on the news the other day. It appears that the three were "friends of friends", and they had gotten into it. It also looks like he was defending himself and it was a good shoot, as he was not arrested at the time. Of course, an investigation is pending, so we'll see. With the limited info out there, I'm inclined to root for the shooter.

Argonaut
09-04-2009, 10:35 AM
Good job by the cops for not arresting him and making him prove his innocence from jail. In a lot of California jurisdictions, he would have been in jail with multiple felony charges.

leadchucker
09-04-2009, 11:05 PM
Yeah, that's a good thing. But on the flip side, is the guy basically defenseless right now? Did LE take only the one gun for ballistics testing, or all his guns? Will he get his gun(s) back? These are some of the other questions that always cross my mind.

forgiven
09-04-2009, 11:42 PM
Yeah, that's a good thing. But on the flip side, is the guy basically defenseless right now? Did LE take only the one gun for ballistics testing, or all his guns? Will he get his gun(s) back? These are some of the other questions that always cross my mind.

Very good questions.

motorhead
09-05-2009, 8:09 AM
charges could be filed at any time. some overzealous ada on a mission could still see a case in this.