PDA

View Full Version : AR15 Questions

LISTINGITALL
09-04-2009, 7:26 AM
I Have a post ban .223 AR15.It Has A screw on compensator,forward tango down handle,bullet button,pistol grip and collapsable stock.
I have been told this is a illegal set-up due to a non pinned compensator and forward grip.
Does anyone have any thoughts on that?

trapshot68
09-04-2009, 7:28 AM
bullet button = all the evil features you want.

Follow the flowchart.

shark92651
09-04-2009, 7:59 AM
As long as the barrel is 16" long the muzzle device does NOT have to be permanently attached. That is a federal law, not CA law.

If the centerfire rifle does NOT have a detachable magazine (which it will not if a Bullet Button is installed) then you can have ALL of the otherwise evil features, such as pistol grip, collapsible stock, vertical grip, or flash-hider.

What is the make/model of your rifle? As long as it is not on the list and is using a Bullet Button it sounds like you are in a legal configuration.

EBR Works
09-04-2009, 8:37 AM
..and it needs to be 30" minimum in it's shortest possible configuration for Cali. If you use a muzzle device to meet this length requirement, as long as the barrel is at least 16", it does not have to be permanent. If the barrel is less than 16", the muzzle device must be permanent to bring it up to Federal legal barrel length.

Dr Rockso
09-04-2009, 9:07 AM
You're fine, but since you own a legal AR-15 style rifle you should take the time to understand exactly why it's legal. Keep a flowchart with you and commit as much as possible to memory so you'll be able to articulate exactly why you're not breaking any laws.

curtisfong
09-04-2009, 10:30 AM
You're fine as long as the make and model is offlist

LISTINGITALL
09-06-2009, 6:32 AM
Thank you everyone,I Knew I was reading the flow chart ok,Just asking to make absolute shure.The rifle in question is a Mega Multi-Cal lower with a 5.56 stag 16" upper.I carry a copy of the flow chart in my range bag and I believe I undersand it completely now.thanks again

cr250chevy
09-06-2009, 12:45 PM
They really need to just get rid of all these stupid laws please???!!! I know I am talking to the quire