View Full Version : Bluetooth audio in car- surprising quality

09-04-2009, 12:34 AM
Just joined the blackberry crew and thought I would check out streaming pandora's lower quality setting via bluetooth. I have a Pioneer Premier 980bt deck, JL Audio XR components front and rear driven by JL 450/4, 10W7 powered by JL 500/1, 15 farad cap, upgraded electrical system, best car wiring monster cable makes and a lot of sound deadening throughout my Eclipse. Needless to say I am picky about my tunes.
I was surprised to learn that bluetooth supports 20-20k hz. Though it cannot pass near the bandwidth for cd quality, I read that lossless bluetooth is in the works. While I could detect the loss from compression, the pioneer's decompression engine restored enough that I actually enjoyed listening.
Just thought I would share my experience and see if anyone had worse/better.

09-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Pretty cool, actually. I run pandora at home but I keep my 120 gb iPod full of lossless music in the truck. I run it through my Alpine deck.

My head unit doesn't support A2DP, it's a few years old. I've always thought wireless headphones would be really nice, though.

Anyone know the bandwidth of A2DP offhand?

09-04-2009, 11:59 AM
I was a Car Audio Manager at Good Guys a while back, Alpine rocks for browsing large digital media collections - still, my bro has one and it kills my Pioneer...

You may find this (http://ces.cnet.com/8301-13855_1-9844801-67.html) interesting.

09-05-2009, 12:14 AM
best car wiring monster cable makes

So about on par with the stuff that comes for free with an Aiwa home stereo? :43: