PDA

View Full Version : The truth about San Francisco Crime

MrEd
03-09-2005, 9:15 PM
In light of the proposed gun ban maybe it is important to bring to light the truth behind the figures so that we the general public get a better understanding of what is really happening .
I think all can agree that Crime has increased in San Francisco but if one looks a little harder there are more disturbing reasons behind the increase then Legal gun ownership and even the most liberal should be able to see that . In a study done by the Chronicle Police solved ONLY 28 percent of Murders / Rapes / Robberies / Stabbings and aggravated assaults , the lowest clearance rate amongst the 20 Biggest City in America . The national average is 42 percent . San Jose does a better Job then the SFPD with 49 percent . Now this despite the fact that San Francisco has more resources and less crime then many other of the large cities .
Now the few criminals that are actually caught fail to see actual punishment for their crimes as the case of Officer Espinoza shows . Our DA and our Board of supervisor prefer to take away guns from law abiding citizens then to actually enforce the existing laws and punish the actual criminals . This seems to be an effort to be tough on guns and soft on criminals . We should demand from our elected officials that they do a better job and stop looking for band aid feel good legislations that create bigger problems then they solve . Crime rates will lower when San Francisco begins to solve more crimes and punishes the perpetrator more severely , changing the message broadcasted to the criminals from you have nothing to fear from us to if you commit a crime we will put you in jail . We deserve no less .

MrEd
03-09-2005, 9:15 PM
In light of the proposed gun ban maybe it is important to bring to light the truth behind the figures so that we the general public get a better understanding of what is really happening .
I think all can agree that Crime has increased in San Francisco but if one looks a little harder there are more disturbing reasons behind the increase then Legal gun ownership and even the most liberal should be able to see that . In a study done by the Chronicle Police solved ONLY 28 percent of Murders / Rapes / Robberies / Stabbings and aggravated assaults , the lowest clearance rate amongst the 20 Biggest City in America . The national average is 42 percent . San Jose does a better Job then the SFPD with 49 percent . Now this despite the fact that San Francisco has more resources and less crime then many other of the large cities .
Now the few criminals that are actually caught fail to see actual punishment for their crimes as the case of Officer Espinoza shows . Our DA and our Board of supervisor prefer to take away guns from law abiding citizens then to actually enforce the existing laws and punish the actual criminals . This seems to be an effort to be tough on guns and soft on criminals . We should demand from our elected officials that they do a better job and stop looking for band aid feel good legislations that create bigger problems then they solve . Crime rates will lower when San Francisco begins to solve more crimes and punishes the perpetrator more severely , changing the message broadcasted to the criminals from you have nothing to fear from us to if you commit a crime we will put you in jail . We deserve no less .

leo@csuhayward.edu
03-10-2005, 3:21 PM
that recent shooting in the tire store, the mayor held a quickie press conference asking what can be done.

i screamed at the tv, CCW FOR LAW ABIDING CITIZENS!!!!!!

imported_1911_sfca
03-12-2005, 12:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i screamed at the tv, CCW FOR LAW ABIDING CITIZENS!!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You might want to write him a letter so he can actually receive your message.

imported_1911_sfca
03-12-2005, 1:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the mayor held a quickie press conference asking what can be done.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't really know the details of who was involved in this shooting, but from what I heard on the TV, I was impressed in the potential victim's response:

He was standing in a tire shop and all of the sudden, fired on by 3 assailants. He returned fire (don't ask about the CCW permit..), wounding all 3 assilants, one critically. Then he went over to his car, apparently unhurt, and drove off.

Aside from all the legalities and background, that was one hell of a good outcome from a 3-on-1 gunfight.

imported_dadoody
03-14-2005, 6:53 AM
What do you expect???

Remember the 1991 Los Angeles Riots???

The police pulled pulled out and residents and business owners had to defend themselves.
I remember lots of Korean shop/plaza owners had to bring all the small arms they could and had to defend their property themselves.

Police can't be around every corner, but criminals are everywhere.

I think we should put restrictions on where firearms can be carried into and to do background checks and all, but I hate that we the general citizenry cannot protect ourselves without then being called criminals.

Draven
03-16-2005, 3:30 PM
From all accounts, the shopowners used shotguns and vintage rifles... supposedly some M-1 Carbines.