View Full Version : CMP / CRPA affiliation question

09-03-2009, 7:18 PM
Does anyone know if CRPA forwards a membership list to CMP?

I asked on their forum almost 36 hours ago and no response.

09-03-2009, 7:38 PM
The CMP website (http://clubs.odcmp.com/cgi-bin/clubSearch.cgi) lists the CRPA as an affiliated club (http://clubs.odcmp.com/cgi-bin/clubInfo.cgi?clubID=54).

But, I don't think CRPA forwards their membership list to CMP.

09-03-2009, 7:39 PM
I know, that is why I joined.

But do they forward the membership list to CMP?

09-03-2009, 8:40 PM
The only one I was ever sure used electronic means to forward membership was the Garand Collectors Association (GCA). Told a buddy to go with GCA for that reason recently, and they still haven't let CMP know six weeks later, so I don't know if they do any more either. CRPA hasn't been much for entering the 21st century yet. Didn't even have an email address listed in their newsletter the last time I looked, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Mssr. Eleganté
09-03-2009, 9:00 PM
I too seriously doubt if the CRPA has any kind of electronic notification for the CMP. They took a really long time to mail my proof of membership to me, a couple of months at least. But one benefit of using a CRPA Life membership for your CMP affiliation is that you never have to send in proof to CMP again. I used to have to take a digital camera photo of my new Chabot membership card every year and email the pic to the CMP. But now I'm set for life. :)

09-03-2009, 9:25 PM
You can use your CRPA membership for CMP but CRPA does not automatically forward your membership. All you need to do is send CMP a copy of your CRPA membership card when you register.

09-03-2009, 9:55 PM
So I have to wait until CRPA finally finishes a simple transaction and gets me the material. It has taken three days just to process a membership application. And it was done electronically through the CRPA website. I am not going to hold my breath waiting for the membership documents.

I'll be sending my membership paperwork to GCA tomorrow.