PDA

View Full Version : Heated Open Carry discussion on SignOnSanDiego.com

HunterJim
09-03-2009, 2:34 PM
http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/sep/01/bn01guns-open-carry/?dsq=15902158#comment-15902158

The story is on the Escondido open carry event last Thursday, count is up to 1210 comments just now. I would say that open carry is very good at getting discussion going. ;)

jim

Ross
09-03-2009, 3:17 PM
Councilman Sam Abed, said he does not support openly carrying firearms.

I would be comfortable if someone wants to be armed at home to defend themselves, but doing it openly, I'm not sure about that, he said.

That statement alone says a lot.

Glock22Fan
09-03-2009, 3:42 PM
John Bibigian, 79, who was drinking a banana smoothie in Starbucks, was among the few who supported the group.

“They have a right to carry a gun if they want,” he said.

I won't quote the numerous people who were reported as speaking against it, you can follow the link yourself.

No doubt those who support UOC will say that this is biased reporting and that everyone who sees them carrying is supportive. However, this article does seem to support the views of those of us who think that the overall effect on the sheeple is negative. My guess is that this article is reasonably unbalanced and reports the views of the sheeple quite accurately.

demnogis
09-03-2009, 3:43 PM
Councilman Sam Abed, said he does not support openly carrying firearms.

“I would be comfortable if someone wants to be armed at home to defend themselves, but in public to defend themselves, I'm not sure about that,” he said.

I fixed it.