PDA

View Full Version : OLL Transfer Dealer @ Chico Area

Fot
09-03-2009, 2:05 PM
Who do you guys recommend in this area? Seem most places locally won't touch this.
Any help would be appreciated

ricefarmer
09-03-2009, 3:06 PM
Pm sent

Fot
09-03-2009, 7:03 PM
Thank you RF.

Flying Bones
09-03-2009, 7:11 PM
Try "The Tackle Box" (530) 898-9761.
If that doesn't work, Yuba City Gunsmith and Mercantile is a definate yes.
AND A WARNING, ACTION GUNS WILL NAIL YOUR ***. So, you've been warned,. don't beleive it, ask about their $1200 A2 upper. LMAO.

Fot
09-03-2009, 7:37 PM
Try "The Tackle Box" (530) 898-9761.
If that doesn't work, Yuba City Gunsmith and Mercantile is a definate yes.
AND A WARNING, ACTION GUNS WILL NAIL YOUR ***. So, you've been warned,. don't beleive it, ask about their $1200 A2 upper. LMAO.

I have heard all kinds of bad about Action guns, won't even call them. Safer arms didn't want to touch the gun I'm looking at. ( saiga ) Also read (on here I think) Tackle box no longer deals with OLL, stopped early part of this year? Never verified that.
I did get two contacts with your post and rice farmer that I probably would have never found so thank you both. I'm kinda a noobie in this and great to get some help from locals.

Norccer
09-03-2009, 7:41 PM
Lol, I think Action Guns is the OLL dealer that was still selling OLL's to 18 year olds when the forms got changed. To their benefit, they did immediately make a few calls to confirm that when I asked them to.

Fot
09-03-2009, 8:00 PM
Lol, I think Action Guns is the OLL dealer that was still selling OLL's to 18 year olds when the forms got changed. To their benefit, they did immediately make a few calls to confirm that when I asked them to.

I have never dealt with them first hand, have read a few horror stories and know a friend of mine bought a Mossberg 500 from them and it took 3 months before he could pick that up. Even after reading you response nothings screams out to me to call them.. lol

Twinspool
09-03-2009, 8:04 PM
Just buy a complete rifle through Charlie at North Valley off Eaton. Nice guy, $25 DROS when I got my Stag. He doesn't do handguns though.

I also recommend LANWorld Inc.

qtmac_mien
09-03-2009, 8:04 PM
make the trip to Olde West in redding

svsrider
09-03-2009, 8:14 PM
go to ten ring in red bluff. definitely not worth the 1.25 hour drive to olde west in redding

Gregchico
09-03-2009, 9:43 PM
+1 on the negative regarding Action Guns

Joe Clark (Oroville) charges $65 for OLL
Berry Creek Guns (Oroville) will do it if it comes from Lan World (their choice due to the way they word their invoices) price depends on what is coming in.

I have had positive experiences with both of them.

jaspy
09-04-2009, 1:25 AM
+1 to what svsrider said. they will help you out.

willfenn
09-04-2009, 3:48 AM
Old West in Redding is the best bet. They are, in my opinion, the best place to go. They have a friendly staff and usually a pretty good amount of ammunition available. Not like Cabela's or anything. Of course you could go to Sac just as easy if you are in Chico.

That dude at the Tackle Box seems to think Ramsey (local DA) is going to prosecute him for dealing with an OLL of any kind. He told me it's not worth it to risk losing his license. Whatever.

I don't remember the name, but what about that place in Oroville?

joemama
09-04-2009, 9:55 AM
Old West in Redding is the best bet. They are, in my opinion, the best place to go. They have a friendly staff and usually a pretty good amount of ammunition available. Not like Cabela's or anything. Of course you could go to Sac just as easy if you are in Chico.

That dude at the Tackle Box seems to think Ramsey (local DA) is going to prosecute him for dealing with an OLL of any kind. He told me it's not worth it to risk losing his license. Whatever.

I don't remember the name, but what about that place in Oroville?

Ya last time I was at the tackle box I asked about OLL's and they said they wont deal with them. Huntingtons in Oroville had a Carbon 15 when I went in there last. I doubt they sell stripped lowers but they may do the transfer for them.

Gator Monroe
09-04-2009, 9:57 AM
make the trip to Olde West in redding

You will enjoy looking around in Olde West but 10 Ring in Red Bluff is a wonderfull shop also .

Flying Bones
09-04-2009, 10:02 AM

Knowing the history...I wouldn't be suprised if he tried...

RHT447
09-04-2009, 12:57 PM
Save time and gas. Fully licensed FFL and OLL friendly here in Chico.

Hank Thompson
H & K Enterprises
Chico, CA 95973
(530) 893-2122

You can enter my user name on Gunbroker to see my feedback.

Flying Bones
09-04-2009, 1:02 PM

Hank Thompson
H & K Enterprises
Chico, CA 95973
(530) 893-2122

Score!

jojosdad
09-04-2009, 1:13 PM
+1 On Hank - a great guy and very easy to work with. IMHO He's the best FFL in Chico, especially for PPTs and internet buys.
Action Arms charged my friend full MSRP on a Marine 870, took his credit card payment, and when he came in to start the DROS, told him it was out of stock from their wholesaler and wouldn't be in for 2 months :eek: and refused to give him a refund :mad:. Last firearm or anything else that gets bought from them.
The people at the Tackle Box always seem like I'm bothering them when I want anything, they also seem real proud of their used stock (judging from their prices).
Safer Arms - what a joke. I don't even want to get started about them.

bwiese
09-04-2009, 3:10 PM
Hank, thank you. You deserve a ton of business.

North Norcal seems to have very timid FFLs or ones with poor reading abilities. I keep hearing the FUD slide down from up there.

RHT447
09-04-2009, 4:20 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys.

Bill, FUD indeed. I'm thinking of buying a bigger shovel. Maybe call
our local Calguns chapter the "FUD Busters".

jasonnorcal
09-04-2009, 4:30 PM
+1 for Hank. I've dealt with him b4 and he's a good guy.

Fot
09-04-2009, 5:34 PM
Thank you all. Looks like I am armed ( pun intended) with enough contacts that this shouldn't be an issue. Pretty cool to see so many local shooters on the forum.

Gator Monroe
09-04-2009, 9:21 PM
Thank you all. Looks like I am armed ( pun intended) with enough contacts that this shouldn't be an issue. Pretty cool to see so many local shooters on the forum.

If you want somthing more than "Just a Lower" visit Olde West or 10 Ring .

Fot
10-03-2009, 2:21 PM

Hank Thompson
H & K Enterprises
Chico, CA 95973
(530) 893-2122

Just wanted to follow up. Hank handled my transfer. A+ Professional, well priced, really nothing bad to say. I will go through him for my next gun purchase.

Norccer
10-03-2009, 7:18 PM
Looks good. There are a few of us at CSU Chico (probably more than a few)

wboughton
10-03-2009, 11:33 PM
Sophomore at CSU Chico right here :)

Flying Bones
10-04-2009, 4:26 PM
Graduate...:jump:

Norccer
10-04-2009, 4:53 PM

Same... There is a Calgunner is in my PHYS class and there is another student who should be on Calguns.

gopher hunter
10-04-2009, 7:46 PM

Wow!!! PARTY ON DUDE!!

:biggrinjester:

Norccer
10-04-2009, 8:11 PM
Wow!!! PARTY ON DUDE!!

:biggrinjester:

BAH!

I hate most of the people that party here. It truly brings down the scholars at this university.

RHT447
10-04-2009, 8:51 PM
Dude. I am CSUC alumni. Class of '81. I was pretty much past the party hardy stage by then. My military tour ended in '77.

Norccer
10-04-2009, 9:01 PM
Dude. I am CSUC alumni. Class of '81. I was pretty much past the party hardy stage by then. My military tour ended in '77.

I see, well I wasn't trying to imply that you are/were one of those individuals. I was just trying to give my opinion on the current students here. :o

Thanks for your service.:D

bigcalidave
10-04-2009, 9:02 PM
+2 on 10 ring. Great people and no point in you making the drive to old west then waiting an hour plus for any help. 10 ring has my business from now on. And I live a few minutes from old west.

bigcalidave
10-04-2009, 9:04 PM
Dude you didn't pick chico state because of their excellent reputation as a learning institution. Snicker. Rofl

RHT447
10-04-2009, 9:08 PM
I see, well I wasn't trying to imply that you are/were one of those individuals. I was just trying to give my opinion on the current students here. :o

Thanks for your service.:D

Hey, it's Ok. I know you weren't implying anything. I was just being a smart*****. And I agree with your opinion. Well, with one exception--my oldest son graduated last spring--Construction Management.

Flying Bones
10-04-2009, 9:13 PM
CM...Who? I am a CM grad.

RHT447
10-04-2009, 9:20 PM
CM...Who? I am a CM grad.

Send me a PM and I'll send you his name. Not that I'm paranoid or anything.:TFH:

Norccer
10-04-2009, 11:05 PM
Dude you didn't pick chico state because of their excellent reputation as a learning institution. Snicker. Rofl

True, I wanted to be close to my mom who is 60 years old and lives in the mountains lol. I thought I would be able to transfer to UCLA, but the UC system is super unfriendly to CSU students which I did not know at the time.

jojosdad
10-05-2009, 7:51 AM
Dude you didn't pick chico state because of their excellent reputation as a learning institution.
Actually - CSUC has one of the top CM and Construction Engineering programs in the country, and their Nursing and Teaching Programs are also top notch.
That said - yes there are a LOT of people here whose only reason for enrolling seems to be to see how much C₂H₅OH they can consume on any given night. :43:

gopher hunter
10-14-2009, 1:05 AM
bump

tenring
10-20-2009, 9:28 PM
+2 on 10 ring. Great people and no point in you making the drive to old west then waiting an hour plus for any help. 10 ring has my business from now on. And I live a few minutes from old west.

You guys are what it's all about. Thanks bigcalidave and also Gatormonroe for your support.

Come see us Red Bluff folks. We will take care of you.

jwb28
10-21-2009, 8:15 PM
10 ring in Red Bluff is where I got mine.
Happy camper

tileguy
10-23-2009, 11:46 AM
i was just at the tackle box and they told me they stoped doing oll becuase they got in trouble for selling one with a BB in it.doesnt make sense but that what she said 10-23-09. has anyone heard different

svsrider
10-23-2009, 1:52 PM
It truly brings down the scholars at this university.

There's scholars at Chico State??? ... never met one in 4.5 years there

jojosdad
10-24-2009, 12:06 AM
Those people at the Tackle Box don't know sic em from come here about guns.

Twinspool
12-03-2009, 4:37 PM
There's scholars at Chico State??? ... never met one in 4.5 years there

Try O'connel 4th floor and Langdon hall.

I graduated with guys who are working on cutting edge nukes, aerospace and medical devices. Good buddy of mine from Chico is at Davis right now with a full fellowship.

There's flakes in every institution. (Look at some of the A-holes Harvard has given us in the last few decades!) Chico engineering has good people and a solid program.