PDA

View Full Version : convo at rettings

smlockdown
09-03-2009, 1:15 PM
Did you guys know that having the magazine out of your AR or AK with a bullet button is considered an assault weapon?

Neither did I(lol). I went to rettings to browse and started talking to an employee about ARs with bullet buttons and he told me the opening lines(lies?).

He went on about how some areas are prosecuting people with BB ARs and how the DOJ came into the store and told them if they started selling ARs with BB they will be sought after.

He went on and on and said if the DOJ had more man power they would go into all the CA gun stores that sell BB AR/AKs and prosecute.

Boy did I learn alot.......

djleisure
09-03-2009, 1:18 PM
Boy did I learn alot.......

I'm guessing you need a tag in there, but for the people that didn't already know it: Retting is one of the worst places to every talk about AR's. I highly recommend never even mentioning BB's in there, unless you are just doing it for a laugh! Tons o' FUD.

brando
09-03-2009, 1:31 PM
I stopped going to Retting a few years ago after dropping close to ten grand in that place over 8 years...they are a pain in the *** nowadays. Lots o' FUD.

Pistolwhipped
09-03-2009, 1:35 PM
I have a shop like that in my town. A bunch of older guys that still think ARs are the devil. :fud:

Oh well! They are not getting my business now.

aplinker
09-03-2009, 2:42 PM
I stopped going to Retting a few years ago after dropping close to ten grand in that place over 8 years...they are a pain in the *** nowadays. Lots o' FUD.

Same for me. It sucks to have to hate them - their prices aren't horrible, they have a good selection, and they're local.

If they weren't giant douche morons it would be a great shop.