PDA

View Full Version : Watch This Video

rmasold
09-03-2009, 9:51 AM
Sorry if this is in the wrong place...

http://www.kcra.com/video/20696270/index.html

greasemonkey
09-03-2009, 10:02 AM
haha, what exactly is a "sniper assault" rifle?

rmasold
09-03-2009, 10:05 AM
lol

drbob
09-03-2009, 10:36 AM
These people are morons.

Straight from the US DOJ:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Firearmsources.svg

joemama
09-03-2009, 10:57 AM
ya its funny how even their own poll is going against them...

supersonic
09-03-2009, 11:03 AM
That ignorant ballgargler lost all credibility when he said, and I quote: "He could have magazines in his legs." GMAF-ing break!!!!:rolleyes:

Werewolf1021
09-03-2009, 11:25 AM
"He could have magazines in his leg"

LOL I guess people go around implanting magazines into their leg flesh. I want to see this so called "Straw purchase" he mentioned.

greasemonkey
09-03-2009, 11:52 AM
their poll is HEAVILY going against them, that's funny!

tempdrummer
09-03-2009, 12:44 PM

LOL I guess people go around implanting magazines into their leg flesh. I want to see this so called "Straw purchase" he mentioned.

All your leg magazines are belong to me
http://geekofalltrades.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/robocop-792844bmp.jpg

RobG
09-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Laughable. Unfortunately many uninformed citizens believe such tales. The video shows nothing that proves guns used in Nor Cal are purchased from gun shows. Show some proof doc, not your arrogant, baseless conjecture.

CnCFunFactory
09-03-2009, 1:00 PM
Link to poll? Please.

FS00008
09-03-2009, 1:22 PM
hit homepage. it's halfway down on the right.

KCM222
09-03-2009, 2:08 PM
Link to poll? Please.

Here (http://www.usatoday.com/news/quickquestion/2007/november/popup5895.htm) it is. Go nuts. ;)

Vtec44
09-03-2009, 2:30 PM
Yeah, the video doesn't show crap unless he provides real crime statistics using weapons that are traced back.

Seesm
09-03-2009, 2:46 PM
Peter Dumbass...

Maestro Pistolero
09-03-2009, 3:22 PM
97%. I'm sure the results will be on the front page tomorrow.

Shotgun Man
09-03-2009, 4:00 PM
97%. I'm sure the results will be on the front page tomorrow.

The poll's gone? Now they're asking a BHO survey. 97% which way?

Table Rock Arms
09-03-2009, 6:30 PM
I love how they make the guy sound important by saying he is a medical doctor. Did the piece have anything to do with medicine, or did I miss something?

Greg-Dawg
09-03-2009, 6:41 PM
I do hope this news station confirms the poll which contradicts the coverage.

Gun Shows purchases in CA, again IN CA, still have to go through an FFL dealer. So if I were to purchase a Glock at the Costa Mesa gun show, the vendor-who's store is in Duarte, would still have me travel another 30 miles to his shop to pick up the gun.

C'mon!!!

ImOverHere
09-03-2009, 6:48 PM
Here (http://www.usatoday.com/news/quickquestion/2007/november/popup5895.htm) it is. Go nuts. ;)

This again? This poll is repeatedly sent around every so often. It's been around since 2007 and is of no use whatsoever (not that Internet polls ever are).

RobG
09-03-2009, 8:39 PM

Holy hell, the USA Today poll AGAIN:eek:

RobG
09-03-2009, 8:55 PM
Gee, Doc, lets see who kills more people, guns or medical practitioners:

America's Healthcare System is the Third Leading Cause of Death
Barbara Starfield, M.D.
Summary by Kah Ying Choo
This Journal of the American Medical Association article illuminates the failure of the U.S. medical system in providing decent medical care for Americans.
Even more significantly, the medical system has played a large role in undermining the health of Americans. According to several research studies in the last decade, a total of 225,000 Americans per year have died as a result of their medical treatments:
• 12,000 deaths per year due to unnecessary surgery

• 7000 deaths per year due to medication errors in hospitals

• 20,000 deaths per year due to other errors in hospitals

• 80,000 deaths per year due to infections in hospitals

• 106,000 deaths per year due to negative effects of drugs

A report by New York publisher Hearst Corporation says preventable medical errors, like dosage mistakes and sound-alike medications (i.e., Heparin and Hespan), contribute to some 200,000 malpractice deaths a year. The investigation discovered that 20 states have no system in place for reporting medical errors.

August 10, 2009 – An estimated 200,000 Americans will die this year from preventable medical errors and hospital infections, according to an investigative report by NY publisher Hearst Corporation, titled “Dead by Mistake.”

The report revealed that 20 states have no reporting system in place for medical errors, five have voluntary ones, and five more are developing reporting systems. And in the 20 states that make medical error reporting mandatory, the report found that hospitals report only a tiny percentage of their mistakes, standards vary wildly, and enforcement is often nonexistent.

Medical errors “kill more people each year than car accidents,” said CBS News Medical Correspondent Dr. Jennifer Ashton. Some of the most common medical errors, she said, include: Wrong-side/wrong part body surgery and medication errors.

A report by New York publisher Hearst Corporation says preventable medical errors, like dosage mistakes and sound-alike medications (i.e., Heparin and Hespan), contribute to some 200,000 malpractice deaths a year. The investigation discovered that 20 states have no system in place for reporting medical errors.

August 10, 2009 – An estimated 200,000 Americans will die this year from preventable medical errors and hospital infections, according to an investigative report by NY publisher Hearst Corporation, titled “Dead by Mistake.”

The report revealed that 20 states have no reporting system in place for medical errors, five have voluntary ones, and five more are developing reporting systems. And in the 20 states that make medical error reporting mandatory, the report found that hospitals report only a tiny percentage of their mistakes, standards vary wildly, and enforcement is often nonexistent.

Medical errors “kill more people each year than car accidents,” said CBS News Medical Correspondent Dr. Jennifer Ashton. Some of the most common medical errors, she said, include: Wrong-side/wrong part body surgery and medication errors.

From the CDC:

2006, United States
Violence-Related Firearm Deaths
All Races, Both Sexes, All Ages

Kid Stanislaus
09-03-2009, 8:58 PM

You'd be surprised how many people soak this kind of thing up without a second thought.

locosway
09-03-2009, 9:05 PM
Gang member drives from CA to NV, uses his CA ID to buy a gun in a gun show that costs anywhere from $1100 for a decent AR to say $7000 for a .50BMG Sniper Assault Rifle, stores magazines in his leg, drives back to CA to perhaps SF, and then starts shooting people from a mile away with his heat seeking bullets that explode on impact.

Man, this guy is a genius!!!

How much money did he waste of the tax payers doing this under cover study that took him through 19 states? Not to mention he broke the law filming in areas that don't allow it. Gratz you dumbass!

Prince50
09-03-2009, 9:16 PM
Rob/ RMASOLD,

Please contact me ASAP

Thanks,

Darin

greasemonkey
09-03-2009, 9:56 PM
I love how they make the guy sound important by saying he is a medical doctor. Did the piece have anything to do with medicine, or did I miss something?

I did send them an email asking "what's next, a clinical lab scientist covering police brutality?". So far I have received no response.

Capt. Speirs
09-03-2009, 10:23 PM
Voted, what a moron that guy is and he is a doctor? Wonder who's head rolled for that scoop, lol.

colossians323
09-04-2009, 4:22 AM
Another quote on the "straw purchase"

One filled out the paper work and paid for it, and passed the backround check, when he bought the rifle he handed it to the other man, and they walked out to their car

What kind of study is this, and how does he know it was a straw purchase if they walked out to their car????:rolleyes:

tntmo
09-04-2009, 7:57 AM
Maybe we can pass a law against doctors?

When doctors are outlawed, only outlaws will have doctors!

soundwave
09-04-2009, 9:09 AM
Oh jesus. Can I please see one more idiot hold up a .50 BMG round next to a 9mm. That would be super.

It is just too bad so many uninformed people see this ignorant rant as "fact".

The Robocop reference is hilarious :)

greasemonkey
09-04-2009, 9:18 AM
Maybe we can pass a law against doctors?

When doctors are outlawed, only outlaws will have doctors!

That'll come soon enough, O-care is trying to turn a lot of them into criminals. That .50 next to the 9 cracked me up...if anything I laughed because most criminals use the 9mm when there are so many more effective options available...

KCM222
09-04-2009, 12:11 PM
This again? This poll is repeatedly sent around every so often. It's been around since 2007 and is of no use whatsoever (not that Internet polls ever are).

:rofl2: Some people don't get sarcarsm. :p