PDA

View Full Version : Bill Hamren arrested

SteveH
09-03-2009, 9:32 AM
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/police-palmer-home-2549829-fullerton-hamren

Anyone know him? I don't.

Joe
09-03-2009, 9:35 AM
thousands of rounds of ammunition? he's running low!

Fjold
09-03-2009, 9:44 AM
It's all a lie!

From the article:

"A police officer who went to the house found Hamren watering his lawn,"

Did you see the picture of his house? There is no lawn and the unpaved ground that is there hasn't seen water since the last rains.

:D

CSACANNONEER
09-03-2009, 9:48 AM
It's all a lie!

From the article:

Did you see the picture of his house? There is no lawn and the unpaved ground that is there hasn't seen water since the last rains.

Frank,

By the sound of it the suspect wasn't all there. He could have been watering his lawn. Or maybe, he was watering the "grass" growing in his closet? In any case, I hate to say this but, this just goes to show that some people are not stable/mature enough to own firearms.

Technical Ted
09-03-2009, 9:56 AM
Calls the police to report a stolen truck and bicycles. Then when a police officer shows up to take his report, the guy picks up a stick and tells the cop to leave.

William Eric Hamren, 36, called police around 7:30 a.m. to report that his truck and bicycles were stolen from his home at 101 E. Hermosa Drive, said Lt. Alex Bastreri of the Fullerton police.

A police officer who went to the house found Hamren watering his lawn, Basteri said. When the officer asked about the truck and bicycles, Hamren picked up a large stick and ordered him off the property, Bastreri said.
Nothing to see here. Move along.

SmokinMr2
09-03-2009, 9:57 AM
Whoever that is...

Keeping pipe bombs in your safe is never a good idea ;)

orangeusa
09-03-2009, 10:00 AM
The link says the bomb squad neutralized the bomb. Wonder if his house and brown lawn are now a large crater.... :)

CSACANNONEER
09-03-2009, 10:32 AM
The link says the bomb squad neutralized the bomb. Wonder if his house and brown lawn are now a large crater.... :)

No, they dumped the powder on the lawn. It's turning green as we speak.

bwiese
09-03-2009, 10:39 AM
Nutjob. Perhaps methhead.

Lyte-
09-03-2009, 10:39 AM
so where is the ferrari??? was that also stolen? :confused::rolleyes:

IGOTDIRT4U
09-03-2009, 10:45 AM
Hmmm, know that area well, right on the border of unincorporated area of Fullerton. One block over and OCSD would be the responders. Most of those houses have large lots, largely odd shaped and with many, no fences seperating lots. Most of the homes are vastly remodeled and now worth quite a bit (before the market fell). Wonder what the neighbors have to say about this guy.

kalguns
09-03-2009, 10:45 AM
Methheads you got to love the headlines they create.

dexter9659
09-03-2009, 10:46 AM
It's all a lie!

From the article:

Check the Google map on the page, switch to Sat view mode and zoom in. He has green grass... on one part of his house.

Im with Bill, Meth head and a nut job at the very least.

Technical Ted
09-03-2009, 11:10 AM
Check the Google map on the page, switch to Sat view mode and zoom in. He has green grass... on one part of his house.
You do know that Google map's satellite view is not real time?

TaxAnnihilator
09-03-2009, 3:36 PM
I join the meth head conclusion, or maybe his other personality called the police!

KylaGWolf
09-03-2009, 4:06 PM
I have to agree with Bill and company on this one unless it was a neighbor that was trying to stir up trouble on a nutty neighbor?

DedEye
09-03-2009, 9:19 PM
You do know that Google map's satellite view is not real time?

In the third photo you can see patchy brown grass right next to his driveway. The first picture was taken from the side and only shows his garage, driveway and vacant lot next to the house. From the third picture it can be presumed that there is grass in front of the house.

NeuTag
09-03-2009, 10:22 PM
A roommate of Hamren's told officers that there was a shotgun in Hamren's bedroom.

I think the roommate called the police acting as Hamren. Hamren probably started his episode early that morning and scared the roommate. The roommate not wanting to endanger him/herself if a confrontation didn't happen between Hamren and the police, used Hamren's name in the 911 call.

The reporter could have done a better job of reporting the facts.

woodsman
09-04-2009, 8:34 AM
Is he required to give the gun safe combinations to the police?

5hundo
09-04-2009, 8:42 AM
Is he required to give the gun safe combinations to the police?

Nope...

...not without a warrant, specifically outlining the safes are part of the areas to be searched. Why he gave them the combinations is beyond me.

He might actually be crazy... :confused:

1923mack
09-04-2009, 8:58 AM
Did they threaten to torch the safes open if he did ot give the combinations?

TaxAnnihilator
09-04-2009, 10:04 AM
While the facts here do not indicate emergency/exigent circumstances, searches can be conducted without a warrant if the guy was a felon (roommate said he had a gun), threatening to kill others or himself with guns, domestic violence... the list goes on. (I of course will send you citations if you like.)

People give consent because they don't know their rights and police tell them that only guilty people don't consent. Respectfully decline and call your lawyer (preferably a Calguns lawyer)!

Nope...

...not without a warrant, specifically outlining the safes are part of the areas to be searched. Why he gave them the combinations is beyond me.

Lyte-
09-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Nope...

he has to be knowing he had pipe bombs in the damn safe!

forgiven
09-05-2009, 1:28 AM
Is there a tape recording of the reference to Obama or pure speculation.:icon_bs: The guy ought to pick who he lives with a bit better.:yes:

cousinkix1953
09-05-2009, 2:10 AM
Frank,

By the sound of it the suspect wasn't all there. He could have been watering his lawn. Or maybe, he was watering the "grass" growing in his closet? In any case, I hate to say this but, this just goes to show that some people are not stable/mature enough to own firearms.
Don't you know that they sell indoor lights so those potheads can grow weeds in the closet? The plants still need water. It sounds like this nutcase was smoking too much dope and made a crank call to 9-1-1. Busted...

fourdoorchevelle
09-05-2009, 3:42 AM
Hilarious how he must be a junkie..... funny you think they'd have mentioned the plants and tons of meth found, in the article, right? Guess drugs are really responsible for peoples actions, not people any more:rolleyes:

can't possibly be the guy was/is actually a nut job?

some of the biased reminds me of some's "gun nut" views

obeygiant
09-05-2009, 9:15 AM
Did they threaten to torch the safes open if he did ot give the combinations?

According to the article

The officer called for backup and two more officers arrived. Hamren was then detained on the property. A roommate of Hamren's told officers that there was a shotgun in Hamren's bedroom. Hamren then told the officers he had two safes in the garage and gave them the combinations, Bastreri said.

Technical Ted
09-05-2009, 9:34 AM
can't possibly be the guy was/is actually a nut job?
C'mon man. He needed those pipe bombs for self defense!