PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone in San Jose care about AB962?

vladbutsky
09-03-2009, 8:12 AM
I just called (again) my senator from district 13 (mostly San Jose) office about AB962. As usual I could talk only to her secretary but she was nice and over a brief discussion she told be that there were only "3 or 4" letters faxes or calls about AB962. She would not tell me how many were "for" or "against" and told me that the Senator Elaine Alquist will analyze the letters and make her decision later.

It was a a little depressing to find that so few people bothered to contact the senator. But I guess it was not a total surprise... :(

Wake up San Jose! (at least district 13! ;) )! I'm sure we have more than 4 people who care about 2nd Amendment.

bwiese
09-03-2009, 9:02 AM
I know I've called way more than that.
That may be the local office response not counting Sacto.

But yes, LET'S KEEP CALLING!

Beelzy
09-03-2009, 9:05 AM
Decuct one CalGun point for believing the Proletariate. :biggrinjester:

sharpie613
09-03-2009, 10:10 AM
Politicians in California would never lie about the support for gun control.

Texas Boy
09-03-2009, 10:14 AM
I FAXed here about a month and a half ago and finally received a letter in the mail from her about 2 weeks ago that sounded very pro 962. I will call again this week, but I really got the impression from the letter that it didn't matter what I said, her mind was made up. Unfortunately I tossed the letter in disgust - otherwise I would share it with you.

Flopper
09-03-2009, 10:48 AM
I personally know about a dozen people that have contacted every relevant representative about this.

Either they're not tabulating the San Jose and Sacramento office numbers together, or their numbers are off (ie, lying).

bulgron
09-03-2009, 11:19 AM
I guess I'd better send them my letter again, because apparently they didn't get it. Or, at the very least, they didn't get the message. :mad:

kf6tac
09-03-2009, 11:28 AM
I guess I'd better send them my letter again, because apparently they didn't get it. Or, at the very least, they didn't get the message. :mad:

Oh, I'm sure they got the letter and the message. They're probably just supremely confident in their ability to get re-elected without your support.

Texas Boy
09-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Oh, I'm sure they got the letter and the message. They're probably just supremely confident in their ability to get re-elected without your support.

And THAT is the issue. They almost certainly will get re-elected even with our intense opposition. But I doubt that situation will exist forever. We need to look even bigger than we are - which is why everyone needs to call/write. Make them think the entire district is likely to turn on them over this issue.

kf6tac
09-03-2009, 12:08 PM
Make them think the entire district is likely to turn on them over this issue.

My state senate district includes the wonderful bastion of //redacted// that is San Francisco, so that will be a hard sell. I'll still be applying what pressure I can, though.

Rem222
09-03-2009, 12:46 PM
That's too bad we are not getting enough support on this matter from our own side. I've contacted my Senator Mark DeSaulnier 7 times now, phone, mail and e-mail. Probably wasted my time with his voting record but when it's over at least some of us tried....

unusedusername
09-03-2009, 1:48 PM
I have sent FAXes to ALL the sentator a few times already, so those "3 or 4" letters of FAXes would have to only include me. :p

sixniner
09-03-2009, 2:05 PM
Do you have the phone/fax number?
I sent my 2 cents via NRA's email that I got - but I don't mind jamming their phone