PDA

View Full Version : Just had a 20" Bushmaster upper arrive from PK Firearms...

missiontrails
09-03-2009, 7:54 AM
Not a factory built Bushmaster upper, rather one that PK assembles with most of the Bushmaster parts. Definately a Bushy 1/7 MP 5.56 chrome-lined barrel, Bushy handguards, but a non-Bushy upper receiver. The build was top notch by PK. The build is actually better than the factory 20" upper I received from Bushmaster 3 months ago, because this one from PK utilized a keyhole receiver that had white laser T-marks on top, and the finish was "blacker" than the factory bushy one. None of my Bushy factory uppers have been t-marked. The fit was 100% perfect on the Territorial Gunsmiths lower, I mean totaly on the money. So, for $525, this is a good upper. Bushmaster rifle length ganduards suck though, the texture is more splochy looking smooth instead of slightly textured matte black, and there is always a small seam gap towards the front of the guards (my factory Bushy was the same).

reidnez
09-03-2009, 7:57 AM
Thanks for the tip, that does sound like a pretty good deal. Let us know how it shoots!

missiontrails
09-03-2009, 8:07 AM
Thanks for the tip, that does sound like a pretty good deal. Let us know how it shoots!

I might never know first hand, because I built this rifle for a retired Army guy. I just installed a A2 buttstock kit to a SLR15 lower, slapped a new Colt carry handle onto this Bushy upper, and now it's a pretty tight feeling rifle. Makes me want a 20" A2 style again...

jchen76@gmail.com
09-03-2009, 8:17 AM
Give us a range report when you can! I've encountered bushmaster uppers that had tight tolerances, that would only feed brassed ammo reliably. Steel case would have FTE, etc. The bushmaster dissappator upper is tempting!

missiontrails
09-03-2009, 8:21 AM
Give us a range report when you can! I've encountered bushmaster uppers that had tight tolerances, that would only feed brassed ammo reliably. Steel case would have FTE, etc. The bushmaster dissappator upper is tempting!
This one will be different, because the receiver is not Bushmaster, and it has M4 ramps.

Darklyte27
09-03-2009, 8:21 AM
Bushmaster 20 inch Govt upper

Features a 20" Gov't profile barrel - reduced in weight and diameter under the handguards for a lightweight and well balanced rifle. 4150 steel, 5.56 NATO, available in 1/7 or 1/9 twist , chrome-lined chamber and bore, forged steel front sight tower with bayonet lug, and 1/2x28 RH threaded muzzle. Built on a milspec A3 receiver with M4 ramps. Complete with bolt carrier and charging handle.

525$

this one? I thought about it, as I still want to get a 20 inch A2 for my service rifle build when I served in the marines.
It would need a carry handle sight though.

missiontrails
09-03-2009, 8:25 AM
Bushmaster 20 inch Govt upper

Features a 20" Gov't profile barrel - reduced in weight and diameter under the handguards for a lightweight and well balanced rifle. 4150 steel, 5.56 NATO, available in 1/7 or 1/9 twist , chrome-lined chamber and bore, forged steel front sight tower with bayonet lug, and 1/2x28 RH threaded muzzle. Built on a milspec A3 receiver with M4 ramps. Complete with bolt carrier and charging handle.

525$

this one? I thought about it, as I still want to get a 20 inch A2 for my service rifle build when I served in the marines.
It would need a carry handle sight though.

Yes, that's it. Just go to Mark's Armory and grab a carry handle for $65.