PDA

View Full Version : Sig 556 sent back to factory....

tazmanian devil dog
09-03-2009, 7:19 AM
I traded for a Sig 556 Swat from a fellow Calgunner. I discovered that the rail on the receiver is canted!!!!:eek: The gun has a low serial number: 002***. I was told that some of these early guns had issues with canted rails and such. She told me worst case scenario, they would just replace the entire upper reciever ( the gun basically) under warranty.

So I called Sig and spoke to Victoria Martin who took extremely good care of me. She emailed me a 2nd day Air label from UPS and my rifle will be going out tomorrow. She said I should have it back in a couple of weeks, max.

Have any of you guys out there had any problems with a canted (crooked) rail on your sig rifles?

hawk1
09-03-2009, 7:42 AM
Not with mine, but I was able to one in the 10,000 range. Sig had a couple of problems at the start. As you said, this was a problem with the early rifles. Nice to hear that Sig is taking care of you.

tiger222
09-03-2009, 8:08 AM
Mine was canted 17xx
it'll come back pretty fast. I also asked them to tightn up the upper and lower fit. They also replaced the pistol grip with one marked Sig Sauer. Be sure to tell them off any other issues.

sd1023x
09-03-2009, 9:34 AM
Nice.

Question since you talked to them and all, Sig doesn't have any issues working around a bullet button or sending it back to you in California?

tiger222
09-03-2009, 9:38 AM
Nice.

Question since you talked to them and all, Sig doesn't have any issues working around a bullet button or sending it back to you in California?

Nope
as long as its CA legal arriving to them, it comes back same way.
Fulton is the same, they are ok too.

tazmanian devil dog
09-03-2009, 11:22 AM
I told Victoria at Sig about the BB and she was not only cool with it, she is familiar with it as well.

WeekendWarrior
09-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Nice, its great to hear vendors are getting more familiar anbd comfortable with OLLs/ CA Compliance parts. Excellent. Now all they need to do is offer a Sig 556 model for under 1K that isnt 22lr! :rolleyes:

SIGscout
09-03-2009, 11:37 AM
I don't think mine has this problemI've spent alot of time using and looking at it I believe I would have noticed.

Nice, its great to hear vendors are getting more familiar anbd comfortable with OLLs/ CA Compliance parts. Excellent. Now all they need to do is offer a Sig 556 model for under 1K that isnt 22lr! :rolleyes:

I would not even have to think about getting another for less ;)