PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Voting

Vtgunner
09-02-2009, 3:18 PM
I was looking up the sponsor of the AB962 and came across the ghost voting incident that he was involved in. This is obviously a violation of the assembly rules. I then tried to look into what happens if there is a violation of the assembly rules. It seems that in order to pursue the violation you need to file a verifed complaint with the assmebly ethics committee. Looks like the committee can take action and refer the complaint to LE.
Hmm maybe i should get off the coach and file a complaint against De Leon.
Then i read farther and looks like you have a year to file a complaint.
So my question to calguns is this true? And if it is true is anyone aware of a more recent incident that he was involved in?
Here is some of the code:

Assembly Legislative Ethics Committee

(d) (1) The committee has the power, pursuant to this rule and
Article 3 (commencing with Section 8940) of Chapter 1 of Part 1 of Division 2
of Title 2 of the Government Code, to investigate and make findings and
recommendations concerning violations by Members of the Assembly of any
provision of Article 2 (commencing with Section 8920) of Chapter 1 of Part 1 of
Division 2 of Title 2 of the Government Code or of any other provision of law
or legislative rule that governs the conduct of Members of the Assembly,
hereafter collectively referred to as "standards of conduct."

(e) Any person may file with the committee a verified complaint in
writing, which shall state the name of the Member of the Assembly alleged to have violated any standard of conduct, and which shall set forth the particulars thereof with sufficient clarity and detail to enable the committee to make a determination. The person filing the complaint thereafter shall be designated the complainant.
If a verified complaint is filed with the committee, the committee promptly shall send a copy of the complaint to the Member of the Assembly alleged to have committed the violation complained of, who thereafter shall be designated the respondent.

Anyone have any insight to help me pursue this?

Seesm
09-02-2009, 3:23 PM
Isn't Ghost viting how Osama Obama got elected? haha I had to... :)