PDA

View Full Version : Northern Calif. College Campus on Lockdown, At Least One Student Shot

kalguns
09-02-2009, 2:16 PM
Is anyone close to this?

The Skyline College campus in San Bruno is on lockdown with students being advised to "take shelter" as police search for a suspect who shot and wounded at least one student.

The campus Web site posted the following "Emergency Notification" for students and faculty: "We have had a shooting on campus and are now in lockdown. Please shelter in place, away from windows, with doors shut until further notice. We are sending an emergency text message to all students."

"We are trying to get everyone safe on campus," wrote Lori Adrian, Vice President of Student Services, in a statement to The Skyline View.

Skyline College officials ordered a lockdown this afternoon after a student was shot in the buttocks in a parking lot there, officials told the San Francisco Chronicle. The wounded student is being treated in a nearby hospital.

The shooting happened in the parking lot campus in San Bruno, near the community college's science building, the paper reported.

The shooter was believed to be at large on the campus Wednesday afternoon. San Bruno police were systematically clearing the school's classrooms this afternoon, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.

Leslie Shelton, director of the school's learning center, says a student came into her building about 1 p.m. bleeding from an apparent gunshot wound.

The School Newspaper Editor gave a similar report to a local radio station saying that a man ran into the learning center on the campus bleeding from the torso and saying he had been shot.

Police are searching for the shooter and checking cars that are leaving the campus, Shelton added.

Shelton says the wounded student was taken to the school's health center and that her staff immediately dialed 911.

San Bruno police did not immediately return a call for comment.

The San Francisco Chronicle contributed to this report.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,545903,00.html

Seesm
09-02-2009, 2:20 PM
so lame he did not use a "Spork" instead of a firearm...

Theseus
09-02-2009, 2:21 PM
I don't understand? I thought that 626.9 keeps school children safe from guns?

I want a full inquiry as to how this law was not able to prevent this despicable act!

grammaton76
09-02-2009, 2:24 PM

I want a full inquiry as to how this law was not able to prevent this despicable act!

626.9 only protects K-12. This was a college campus, so the only logical route is to add college to 626.9! :rolleyes:

Theseus
09-02-2009, 2:56 PM
626.9 does include colleges, it just doesn't create a "zone".

mej16489
09-02-2009, 2:57 PM
I'm not sure why, but this smells of Negligent Discharge to me.

grammaton76
09-02-2009, 2:59 PM
626.9 does include colleges, it just doesn't create a "zone".

Ah, you're right. But it was legal to stand off campus and shoot the guy in the butt, right? Clearly it was inadequate protection! :eek:

Yes, folks, I'm kidding.

WeekendWarrior
09-02-2009, 3:03 PM
Sounds like gang bangers to me. I think we should do it like the Thais do - Put them all on a raft and then tow them out a couple hundred miles in the Pacific and let them go with a good luck and a thumbs up.

Theseus
09-02-2009, 3:05 PM
Sounds like gang bangers to me. I think we should do it like the Thais do - Put them all on a raft and then tow them out a couple hundred miles in the Pacific and let them go with a good luck and a thumbs up.

You know, it is believe that is how islands like Hawaii got populated.

HondaMasterTech
09-02-2009, 3:08 PM
I thought gun laws protect people...

kalguns
09-02-2009, 3:11 PM

And Australia were iocane powder comes from so clearly you cant trust some one with iocane powder

BigEd925
09-02-2009, 3:15 PM
holy **** I went to Skyline, know tons of students and teacher there!

Calgunz420
09-02-2009, 6:48 PM
Gun laws make it hard for legal folks....629 code don't mean anything to gangstas unless u get caught other then that it's just words on a sign.

RudyN
09-02-2009, 7:07 PM
I was in Pacifica today as I am every Wednesday with my wife watching two of my grandaughters. I was out walking down by the Pacifica Pier and noticed three helicopters up by Sharp Park Rd., now I know what was happening. By the time I went home everything was quiet up there.

HondaMasterTech
09-02-2009, 7:09 PM
Gun laws make it hard for legal folks....629 code don't mean anything to gangstas unless u get caught other then that it's just words on a sign.

Safe bet they can't read the sign anyway.

ldivinag
09-02-2009, 7:22 PM
at the pubic univ i work at (cal state hayward), it is illegal to bring a firearm within 1000 feet of any school property...

i hope they catch that hoodlum and prosecute to the maximum laws...

[/sarcasm]

jd1911
09-02-2009, 8:16 PM

No, I don't think your statement is correct about that. Hawaii got populated due to the growth of agriculture and the need for labor.

Theseus
09-02-2009, 9:53 PM
No, I don't think your statement is correct about that. Hawaii got populated due to the growth of agriculture and the need for labor.
Seriously?

I mean. Seriously?

dantodd
09-02-2009, 10:10 PM

I don't get it. If there was no one there why would there be a need for agriculture or labor?

nick
09-02-2009, 10:58 PM
I don't get it. If there was no one there why would there be a need for agriculture or labor?

He was referring to its population in 1800-1900's :)

dantodd
09-02-2009, 11:13 PM
He was referring to its population in 1800-1900's :)

I'm pretty sure there were already people there before the 1800s.

SJgunguy24
09-02-2009, 11:37 PM
How could Obama let this happen:eek:

For Obama's sake aren't we all supposed to just hold
hands and sing Obama is great?:rolleyes:

I'd bet the kid sat on something that punctured his arse.

nick
09-03-2009, 8:00 PM

He was also joking.

steelrain82
09-03-2009, 9:00 PM
edit: nvm. if the police know that the gunmen and crew fled in a certain car and left campus why would they shut down and search the campus.

locosway
09-03-2009, 9:11 PM

THIIIIIIIS!!!!!

ldivinag
09-04-2009, 12:32 PM
be on the look out of a purple honda as the getaway vehicle...

and i saw a news report of a badly done photochop of a regular honda. looks like the person just did a flood fill of purple...

it was soooo badly done...

lol...

jd1911
09-08-2009, 2:56 AM

Yeah, there were people there already, the Native Hawaiin population. But somewhere in the responses in this thread, there was someone talking about the Ethnic Japanese population that controls the state. During the agricultural boom when the Islands were being colonized, there were Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, Dutch, Filipinos, just alot of different people that came to the Hawaiin Islands to work. That is what I was refering to. Of course there were Native Hawaiins there already, just like there were Aborigines on Australia before it's colonization.