PDA

View Full Version : LWRC REPR PICS UP

STEALTHGHOST
09-02-2009, 10:43 AM
PICS up on LWRC's web site.

Won't be long for retail sales now !

A few weeks most likely from my sources etc...

PRICE I was quoted from JOE @ LWRC is: drum rolll please......................................$3,800 .00....retail

http://forum.lwrci.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=47603#47603

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e225/teehee321/REPR3.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e225/teehee321/REPR2.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e225/teehee321/REPR1.jpg

This SHOULD be the SNIZIT !

:D

jpopfan
09-02-2009, 10:48 AM
Ok, now that looks awesome. Hopefully the price won't be astronomical...

evollep3
09-02-2009, 10:53 AM
hmm i like GB anyone? lol

IsaacGlass
09-02-2009, 11:35 AM
Nice to see a changed in the design. I like the charging handle on the left side, nice touch. $4000 yikes!

BillyGoatMachine
09-02-2009, 11:41 AM
I really like my M6A2 and would love to ad this to the collection, but not for 4K. Does anyone know if they are Armalite or DPMS compatible?
I just realized it has a side charging handle, so probably not.

Blackhawk556
09-02-2009, 11:44 AM
that thing looks killer. replacing the NF scope with something else will bring that price down by about $1000 wouldn't it?

BONECUTTER
09-02-2009, 11:47 AM
that thing looks killer. replacing the NF scope with something else will bring that price down by about $1000 wouldn't it?

$3800 is the price without glass.

They should be in stock in about 6-8 weeks and the different configurations will be between the stock and barrel length.

AS far as the cut its closer to a knights. Armalightish cut but takes stoner/dpms mags.

BillyGoatMachine
09-02-2009, 11:47 AM

I highly doubt that price includes the nightforce!!!

SoundFX
09-02-2009, 12:29 PM
I want.

Gio
09-02-2009, 12:33 PM
Daaaaaaaaaamn! That is a sweet looking rig there :D

-Gio

xm177
09-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Wow, that is the best looking 308 I've ever seen.

tiger222
09-02-2009, 1:04 PM
Forgive me in advance, I'm sure its a very nice rifle.
I doesn't get me excited.

Q
09-02-2009, 1:51 PM
Forgive me in advance, I'm sure its a very nice rifle.
I doesn't get me excited.

+1 HG looks like an old G3 near the trunnion/chamber. It doesn't pull off the looks like a VTAC HG would..
The LWRC SABR looks WAY better..

2euro
09-02-2009, 2:12 PM
that looks bad*****!

hoping mine will look similar when parts arrive.

BlackViper
09-02-2009, 2:23 PM
I'm waiting for Iron Ridge to come out with the upper to match their lower I already have. I think they're working on something sweet.

technique
09-15-2009, 11:13 AM
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll42/technique408/reprinternetsm.jpg

MasterYong
09-15-2009, 11:26 AM
Looks too heavy.

Is it a precision rifle or what? I never see the need for all the rails on anything so substantial. Reminds me of that new Savage with the rails. Makes me go "wuzza"???

Some people will love it I'm sure though. That's the beauty of this whole gun thing- something for everyone!!!

ar15barrels
09-15-2009, 11:40 AM
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll42/technique408/reprinternetsm.jpg

All of this is funny:
Backup iron sights on a precision rifle.
A gas piston on a "precision" rifle that actually reduces the "precision".
An adjustable gas system because piston guns are "self regulating".

And in the original pictures, there's a 6v light mounted on the handguard because we all know that 6v lights are good to 200+ yds.

ChrisO
09-15-2009, 11:46 AM
All of this is funny:
Backup iron sights on a precision rifle.
A gas piston on a "precision" rifle that actually reduces the "precision".
An adjustable gas system because piston guns are "self regulating".

And in the original pictures, there's a 6v light mounted on the handguard because we all know that 6v lights are good to 200+ yds.

Haha seriously, Looks tacticool but Id rather have a nice custom built bolt gun for that price not as fast cycling but thats ok it's called precision for a reason:cool:.

chsk9
09-15-2009, 12:03 PM
Nice set up... but I don't get the flashlight on a scoped, bipod, long range set up... what am I missing?

PICS up on LWRC's web site.

Won't be long for retail sales now !

A few weeks most likely from my sources etc...

PRICE I was quoted from JOE @ LWRC is: drum rolll please......................................$3,800 .00....retail

http://forum.lwrci.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=47603#47603

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e225/teehee321/REPR3.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e225/teehee321/REPR2.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e225/teehee321/REPR1.jpg

This SHOULD be the SNIZIT !

ar15barrels
09-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Nice set up... but I don't get the flashlight on a scoped, bipod, long range set up... what am I missing?

You are missing that flashlights and backup sights justify the high price of an unnecessary rail system on a precision rifle.

There's a line between marketing and realistic needs.
What we see here is obviously crossing that line in order to appeal to the un-educated masses.

Jpach
09-15-2009, 1:33 PM
All I know is that on my next .308 AR, I need it to be side charging and non-reciprocating like the LWRC. Non-piston of course.

MasterYong
09-15-2009, 1:37 PM
I keep seeing this more and more. It's like the firearms industry has really taken ahold of the market share out there of tacticool mall ninjas that spend their savings on these overpriced and unconventional weapons just for bragging rights.

To mention it a second time, this thing really just reminds me of that new Savage bolt gun with all the rails. It's like $2500 and has an extra 10 lbs of rails on it that make NO SENSE for a precision rifle. Bottom rail? Bipod. Sure. Top rail? Optics. Fine. Side rails at four different angles? WHY???????

They're just hoping some dope that doesn't know much about shooting but wants the next best thing will see this in a gun shop and jump on it. Then they're going to take it to the range and have all their buddies tell them what they SHOULD have bought with all that money LOL...

Steverino
09-15-2009, 1:53 PM

"Mall Ninja Targeting Device"

ar15barrels
09-15-2009, 1:53 PM
I keep seeing this more and more. It's like the firearms industry has really taken ahold of the market share out there of tacticool mall ninjas that spend their savings on these overpriced and unconventional weapons just for bragging rights.

To mention it a second time, this thing really just reminds me of that new Savage bolt gun with all the rails. It's like $2500 and has an extra 10 lbs of rails on it that make NO SENSE for a precision rifle. Bottom rail? Bipod. Sure. Top rail? Optics. Fine. Side rails at four different angles? WHY???????

They're just hoping some dope that doesn't know much about shooting but wants the next best thing will see this in a gun shop and jump on it. Then they're going to take it to the range and have all their buddies tell them what they SHOULD have bought with all that money LOL...

+1 to all of that.

I have talked people out of things many times, usually when they are in my shop looking to spend money.
Yes I know I am a bad businessman.
I have too much of a conscience...

MasterYong
09-15-2009, 2:41 PM
+1 to all of that.

I have talked people out of things many times, usually when they are in my shop looking to spend money.
Yes I know I am a bad businessman.
I have too much of a conscience...

In the end you'll keep your customers the longest. Plus one to you! I for one am more often than not willing to pay more at a shop just because I like the owner/employees and they treat me right. There's one local shop around here where, if they don't have what you want in stock, they'll try to convince you it's junk and to buy something else they DO have in stock. Then, you'll be back a few weeks later, and see the same situation going on with another customer, with the products reversed, just because they have different things in stock. I can't stand it when I've done my research, am very set on what I want, and a shop employee tries to tell me that everything I've read and even experienced about product A is wrong simply because they only carry product B. My dad owned a brick-and-mortar retail store for years and he always told me that if you don't have what the customer wants in stock, point them to a competitor that DOES have it, and statistically the next time that customer goes to make a purchase they'll remember you, not the competitor, and come back to buy more.

I once had an employee of a local shop tell me that BSA was as good as Leupold, and that BSA got a bad rap. They were only telling me this because they were trying to sell me a rifle that had a BSA scope put on it to help it sell quicker. I literally walked out while he was in the middle of a sentence. I mean, the rifle was on sale for $900 over MSRP and when I asked why he said it was because of the awesome BSA scope on it. I have yet to see a BSA scope worth $900 LOL.

Now, with all this REPR-bashing off my chest... I'd still shoot the hell outta one given the opportunity at a range... :D

Riflegear
09-15-2009, 3:25 PM
Riflegear has got these already on the way.

We've got the following coming in:

(2) 16 inch
(2) 18 inch
(2) 20 inch

One of the 20's is already sold and we promise that they will not come with tactical lights installed :)

grunz
09-15-2009, 3:47 PM
Not my thing, put pretty cool and a neat design. I'm surprised by some criticizm though...

The handguard... This gun has less rail than comparable guns, a full 12 oclock rail is there but the others are optional and the rest of the tube is smooth.... The similar class KAC SR25/M110 7.62mm AR sniper rifle has a full quad rail in comparison. I would say these guys at LWRCI are de-emphasizing the rails.

What on earth is wrong with back up irons on any rifle? Shouldn't we all know to use them? And don't 2 ounces of BUIS make the difference between a useable rifle with a broken optic and an expensive steel club?

Yeah its expensive as are all bigger 308 ARs. But it also has some innovative stuff like the left side CH and an ambi bolt-catch/release on the right. As such it's an expensive niche product - I wont be buying one - problem solved. Innovation is good.

My only knock on this gun would be the gas-piston system. But LWRCI is a piston company so I don't expect they would do a DI gun - even if that would be be better for precision.

bomb_on_bus
09-15-2009, 4:09 PM
damn thats a steep price!:shock:

Any range reports on this thing yet?

As far as this thing being "inaccurate" as far as it being a GP set up its doubtful.

Im hitting sub .5 groups all day long with my POF using 168 FGMM. Best to date is .32 with .37-.45 being the norm. So its very possible that you could get decent groups using a semi auto platform even on a gas piston set up. It holds right at an inch with factory surplus ammo from Federal and LC and a little over with SA and portugese surplus. The KAC M110 is just as accurate and its a DI setup, so no complaints with my set up at all.

As far as having a BUIS setup on a precision semi auto all I have to say is look at what the Army is buying from KAC. The KAC M110 comes with BUIS the front sight being integrated into the top rail. Heck I've used iron sights all the way out to 250 yards without fuss so it shouldn't be a problem for Army shooters to do twice as good as that with irons.

As far as the price goes there is always someone out there willing to spend the money. Thats how BMW and Mercedez sells so many 6k cars a year on production line models.

ar15barrels
09-15-2009, 4:11 PM
What on earth is wrong with back up irons on any rifle? Shouldn't we all know to use them? And don't 2 ounces of BUIS make the difference between a useable rifle with a broken optic and an expensive steel club?

If the threat is close enough that those irons would help, you are faster to transistion to your secondary weapon than to try to remove the optic and deploy the backup sights.

Other than that and the added cost, nothing wrong with them.

grunz
09-15-2009, 4:18 PM
I wasnt thinking threat close only in regards to the BUIS. I would apply it to any practical scenario (combat, SHTF, hunting trip in the boonies, training class) when the optical primary sight might break - without BUIS you have a heavy unsighted stick. :)

ar15barrels
09-15-2009, 4:21 PM
I wasnt thinking threat close only in regards to the BUIS. I would apply it to any case (combat, SHTF, hunting trip in the boonies) when the optical primary sight might break - without BUIS you have a heavy unsighted stick. :)

I use good quality optics like Nightforce and Trijicon.
I have personally never had one fail me.
I still carry a backup optic in my pack in case it ever happens.
I have loaned the backup to several other people when their low quality optics have failed.

technique
09-15-2009, 4:25 PM
What trijicon would go well on a .308 AR? "precision".

grunz
09-15-2009, 4:37 PM
I only have high quality optics only too and I trust them - Aimpoint and Elcan. I dont think they will fail. Heck my main sight (Elcan DR) has an illuminated red dot, solid crosshair reticle, built in irons on top and I still have Troy's under it. I thought it was all overkill until I saw a picture of an Aimpoint T1 with a busted front lens from a training class - so all this stuff can break from impact etc.

I use good quality optics like Nightforce and Trijicon.
I have personally never had one fail me.
I still carry a backup optic in my pack in case it ever happens.
I have loaned the backup to several other people when their low quality optics have failed.

joemama
09-15-2009, 6:28 PM
Does anyone know if they will be selling just the upper too?

Jpach
09-15-2009, 8:23 PM
Does anyone know if they will be selling just the upper too?

To put on what lower?

Anyone know if the LWRC rifles are DPMS compatible?

joemama
09-15-2009, 10:22 PM
from the pics it looks like they are armalite compatable. So they will fit on an N6 or Aero.

tvfreakarms
10-30-2009, 2:40 AM
Sweet looking but 4g is not worth it. That's way to expensive. But they know consumers will pay for a way over priced weapon. Oh well if I decide to get a .308, i may go with POF.

shark92651
10-30-2009, 6:23 AM
Sweet looking but 4g is not worth it. That's way to expensive. But they know consumers will pay for a way over priced weapon. Oh well if I decide to get a .308, i may go with POF.

We are selling the 16" for $3,499, in a CA-legal configuration. We have sold the two 16" models we have received so far and we have another on the way. The 20" and 18" models will follow.

Mute
10-30-2009, 7:50 AM
I can see using one of these in a recce role. Have a harder time seeing it as a precision piece.

WeekendWarrior
10-30-2009, 8:06 AM
WWRTW

bbiggun
10-30-2009, 12:28 PM
For that price, I'd get a Sako TRG-22, a proven and accurate platform.

BlackReef
11-12-2009, 12:04 AM
Will any AR-10 Rails fit on this rifle? I'm assuming probably not considering the piston system. I like this rifle alot but not too crazy about the rail. I would personally swap to a Daniel Defense rail if I could. Those look damn sexy on AR-10s

SIGscout
11-12-2009, 6:13 AM
All I know is that on my next .308 AR, I need it to be side charging and non-reciprocating like the LWRC. Non-piston of course.

just curious, but what you got against the piston config?
I just thaught it was preferred to keep from injecting used dirty gass back into the action/breach.

but I'm a newb so give me some schooling plz

Im hitting sub .5 groups all day long with my POF using 168 FGMM. Best to date is .32 with .37-.45 being the norm. So its very possible that you could get decent groups using a semi auto platform even on a gas piston set up. It holds right at an inch with factory surplus ammo from Federal and LC and a little over with SA and portugese surplus. The KAC M110 is just as accurate and its a DI setup, so no complaints with my set up at all.

But I do get better groups with my bolt action 30-06

shark92651
11-12-2009, 7:37 AM
Will any AR-10 Rails fit on this rifle? I'm assuming probably not considering the piston system. I like this rifle alot but not too crazy about the rail. I would personally swap to a Daniel Defense rail if I could. Those look damn sexy on AR-10s

You should come check out the rifle in person. The rails on these are actually very nice and comfortable. Personally, I think the DD rail would detract from the overall look of this rifle by taking away part of it's unique look and making it look like every other quad-rail rifle out there.

ar15barrels
11-12-2009, 7:59 AM
Will any AR-10 Rails fit on this rifle?

No.
The barrel nut setup is completely different than any other rifle.