PDA

View Full Version : Gritty Geissele DMR

DirtRacer151
09-01-2009, 10:14 PM
I am trying to get comfortable with my 308. I find the trigger being a big part of this. I am used to shooting a Tikka trigger set at 1 1/2lbs and now im trying to use a 2 stage Geissele DMR. I installed the trigger per instructions before ever making an adjustment. I have completely taken the trigger out and reinstalled making adjustments to the first stage many times with no luck. My first stage is just gritty. I find myself pulling through the first stage and holding till i get my breathing steady and then letting the second stage break. Sometimes when pulling through the first stage when it seems like i hit the second stage its actually just hung up from the grittiness and when i attempt to break the second stage i end up yanking the trigger because its not actually stoped at the second stage yet. I lubed it, adjusted it, shot it, and nothings helping. I wish i could just have my old Tikka trigger in my AR!! The only other 2 stage trigger i have to compare to is my Socom 16 which has a silky smooth first stage pull.

Should my Geissele be silky smooth like the Socom for the first stage or is this typical?
What can i do to smooth it out short of sending it to Geissele? Any tips?

DanHuuN
09-01-2009, 10:48 PM
check to see if it is rubbing against the safety selector switch....mine was...had to use a dremel on one of my rifles with a DMR...then it was fine with my second lower

gunsmithcats
09-01-2009, 10:52 PM
What he said, that DMR should break like glass.

DirtRacer151
09-01-2009, 11:01 PM
Took the selector out.. it still feels the same. The 2nd stage does break nice.. its just the 1st stage during the pull that feels like crap

DanHuuN
09-01-2009, 11:03 PM
Took the selector out.. it still feels the same. The 2nd stage does break nice.. its just the 1st stage during the pull that feels like crap

dont know what to say...send it back to Geissele...??? I'm sure they'll be more than happy to make you happy..

DirtRacer151
09-01-2009, 11:08 PM
ok let me use something other then the word gritty. It doesn't feel like sand is in it gritty. It just sticks on the pull and the release of the 1st stage only. Almost like the difference between sliding your finger on dry glass vs. glass with some personal lube on it. It just isn't smooth at all.

J_Rock
09-02-2009, 1:18 AM
Did you grease the engagement surfaces? The instructions say the trigger must be greased during its break in period for a few hundred rounds.

Is the trigger dirty? After a few hundred rounds there could be some carbon the engagement surfaces, wipe it off and reapply the grease.

DirtRacer151
09-02-2009, 7:57 AM
Yep its all greased and cleaned up.

J_Rock
09-02-2009, 9:53 AM
Are you using the supplied hammer and trigger pins or are you using KNS pins?

DDRH
09-02-2009, 10:54 AM
Are you using the supplied hammer and trigger pins or are you using KNS pins?

do the KNS pins work? they're the anti-walk/roll pins right?

J_Rock
09-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Giessle hi-speed triggers use proprietary pins that are different from the regular FCG pins. If you notice regular pins have a notch in the middle of the pin retaining the j-hook. Giessle pins have the notch on the right side of the pin because the retention hook is on the right side. You MIGHT be able to use KNS with the geissle but you run the risk ruining your expensive trigger. I would use the supplied pins.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s95/MMcfpd/Geissele_pins.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s95/MMcfpd/KNS_pins.jpg

DDRH
09-02-2009, 11:28 AM
bummer, i think the KNS pins make it look nicer...but i guess not necessary.