PDA

View Full Version : Insurance change

PonchoTA
09-01-2009, 6:41 PM
Hi guys,

I'm currently with Progressive, but I can't support a company that has so much invested in causes that I'm against.

Where can I find out what State Farm, Allstate, etc. have invested in order to make a good decision to whom I should switch my insurance carrier?

Thanks!

Paul

Joe Collins
09-01-2009, 8:40 PM
Hi guys,

I'm currently with Progressive, but I can't support a company that has so much invested in causes that I'm against.

Where can I find out what State Farm, Allstate, etc. have invested in order to make a good decision to whom I should switch my insurance carrier?

Thanks!

Paul

How can you possible want to leave "Flo"?

wildhawker
09-01-2009, 8:45 PM
Might get better response in general or off topic- good luck and report back.

Theseus
09-01-2009, 8:50 PM
Funny, I called Progressive the other day to see if they could beat AAA. . . There was about a $700 difference and I said "That would get me another handgun."

The operator on the phone said "A decent one at that. . . what you think you will get? I like Glock and SIG."

I thought a second about staying, but that SIG sounds awful nice. . .

Texas Boy
09-01-2009, 10:10 PM
If you have military background (or your parents were military) you can get USAA. Since they cater to US military personnel, I would imagine they are pretty pro 2A - at least I can't imagine them being involved in anti 2A causes.

obeygiant
09-01-2009, 10:42 PM
from another thread, here is my recommendation

I have several friends that managed insurance brokerages and they all recommended a company by the name of Wawanesa for auto insurance. Their recommendation came to me based on the fact that they personally had their policies through them as well as most of the brokers that worked for them at their respective shops.

They are pretty selective in terms of who they will issue policies to as you can see here (http://www.wawanesageneral.com/california/auto-quote.asp):

My wife and I went with them and insured our two vehicles and cut our insurance premiums in half. I had a drunk hit my truck and I couldn't have asked for better service from an insurance company. They sent out their adjuster to my place of work, within a day or so IIRC, he wrote his report and they got back to me the same day on when I'd be receiving a check. They also recouped my deductible from the Drunk's insurance company and had them send me a check as well.

I haven't signed up for any of the other policies as of yet but when the time comes I will definitely do so. Excellent customer service, communication and follow up on everything that I have experienced with them so far.

You can check them out here (http://www.wawanesageneral.com/california/customer-service.asp)