PDA

View Full Version : Excellent time at Sunnyvale Rod & Gun Club

NSR500
09-01-2009, 6:38 PM
I took my Friend and his Fiancée from Japan shooting today at Sunnyvale Rod & Gun Club. Today was my first time at this Club and I have to say they run an Excellent range.
The facilities are very nice and the range itself is very well groomed. They've got nice stable benches in the shade, equipment carts, giant electric fan, and good staff. Even the dust pans, push brooms, and etc... are in great condition.
RSOs were very personable and ran a tight shift, and today had quite a lot of traffic at the range. Both Rimfire, and Centerfire/Pistol sides of the range had a fair amount of shooters with nice gear.
A number of shooters were making the steel sing today too!

Overall, a Great day at the range, and Sunnyvale will definitely go to the top of my list of ranges to shoot at.
:D

flyinghi
09-02-2009, 2:17 PM
I have always had a good time at Sunnyvale. The club mentality has many of the folks involved. It seems like a good place to join up and help out with.

Burtonwurton
09-04-2009, 10:08 AM
Sunnyvale rod and gun club is one of my favorite places to shoot. When you get tired of shooting paper the steel targets always make my range time more fun.

Suvorov
09-04-2009, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the positive reviews. I RSO there every month and it is always great to get to meet the shooting public. The club is very OLL friendly and has regularly scheduled cowboy action, practical pistol, bullseye pistol, and other range events scheduled on non-public days.

The club is one of the finest shooting organizations I have been associated with and the range is wonderful (I only wish we had a 300 yard range). Put it to you this way, I fly in regularly from Houston just to RSO so I can fulfill my membership requirements.

POLICESTATE
09-04-2009, 10:58 AM
Last time I was there I saw the steel targets, didn't ask about them at the time (sighting in a new rifle and also first time shoot with a new pistol) but are those only for club use or anyone?

It is a great range to be sure, and OLL friendly :)

Suvorov
09-04-2009, 3:40 PM
Last time I was there I saw the steel targets, didn't ask about them at the time (sighting in a new rifle and also first time shoot with a new pistol) but are those only for club use or anyone?

It is a great range to be sure, and OLL friendly :)

The steel targets on the rifle side at 100 yards are for everyone to use during public hours. The steel targets on the pistol side at 25 yds are also for public use with non magnum pistol calibers. The rimfire side has steel plates at 100 yards as well as spinning targets that you can place where you want.

The range also has a falling plate and pepper popper range however that is reserved for members during member only hours.

POLICESTATE
09-04-2009, 4:09 PM
That's cool, I'll have to try some steel plates out next time I'm there. I mostly shoot paper but once I get my latest acquisition zero'd I would mind just hitting steel while I break in my new rifle.

Too bad I can't practice some rapid fire but one of these days I will find some place out in the sticks around here I can legally shoot. Man I hate the Bay Area sometimes.

NSR500
09-04-2009, 4:44 PM
Good to know about the steel, I'll have to try them out next time.

doughboy334
09-04-2009, 6:49 PM
Thanks for the positive reviews. I RSO there every month and it is always great to get to meet the shooting public. The club is very OLL friendly and has regularly scheduled cowboy action, practical pistol, bullseye pistol, and other range events scheduled on non-public days.

The club is one of the finest shooting organizations I have been associated with and the range is wonderful (I only wish we had a 300 yard range). Put it to you this way, I fly in regularly from Houston just to RSO so I can fulfill my membership requirements.

I believe I met you last week friday, thanks for the qual. targets!

Suvorov
09-07-2009, 7:07 AM
I believe I met you last week friday, thanks for the qual. targets!

That was me. Good to meet you too!