PDA

View Full Version : Intelligent Gun Rights People needed at Sacramento Anti-Gun Event Wednesday

raddante
09-01-2009, 3:42 PM
Intelligent, respectful people needed to attend the following event:

UC Davis researcher finds gun shows a leading source of guns used in crimes

Article ID: 13230205
Date: August 29, 2009
Publication: Daily Democrat, The (Woodland, CA)

The UC Davis Violence Prevention Research Program will announce the results of a comprehensive, undercover study titled "Inside Gun Shows: What Goes on When Everybody Thinks Nobody's Looking."

This will be held at the UC Davis MIND Institute on Wednesday, though I dont know the exact tiem just yet. THIS IS TOMORROW, BTW!. This "researcher" will attempt to show "scientific data" suggesting that gun shows lead to illegal violence, etc. We all this this to be psuedoscience and fundamentally wrong, so we need logical dissenters there to give a voice to this type of anti-gun propaganda being charaded under the smokescreen of "science". Whats worse, is that this is being presented at the MIND Institute, which is for Medical Investigations of Neurodevelopmental Disorders, and is supposed to focused on things like children with Autism, and not be a forum for this political propaganda of handguns.... in a medical facility for autistim children, this is a disgrace.

Your Voice is Needed at This Event.

This report includes hundreds of hidden-camera photographs and video taken from 78 gun shows in 19 states, detailing how American gun shows have become leading sources of crime guns for Northern California, the United States, Mexico and Canada.

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=WDDB&p_theme=wddb&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&s_dispstring=allfields(UC%20Davis%20researcher)%20 AND%20date(last%2031%20days)&p_field_date-0=YMD_date&p_params_date-0=date:B,E&p_text_date-0=-31qzD&p_field_advanced-0=&p_text_advanced-0=(%22UC%20Davis%20researcher%22)&xcal_numdocs=20&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&xcal_useweights=no

Kid Stanislaus
09-01-2009, 4:10 PM
Unfortunately there's a lot of crap that goes on at gun shows. Our ranks are not totally populated with prudent and responsible people. Video tape enough gun shows and you'll find some garbage. How do I know this? I've been on the planet 66 years and I've attended a few gun shows.

cousinkix1953
09-01-2009, 5:25 PM
Unfortunately there's a lot of crap that goes on at gun shows. Our ranks are not totally populated with prudent and responsible people. Video tape enough gun shows and you'll find some garbage. How do I know this? I've been on the planet 66 years and I've attended a few gun shows.
The gun show loophole was abolished several years ago in the PRK. FTF sales in the parking lots do not apply here any more. Why aren't these UC Davis antis raising hell about the guns on their own campus?

University of California Rifle and Pistol, Davis CA 95616
Military Science Department

Facility Details
Private
Outdoor
Gun/Sportsman's Club

Access To Facility
Members Only

cousinkix1953
09-01-2009, 5:52 PM
The students would go nuts if there was a "military science" department on the UC Santa Cruz campus. SHTF when those Pentagon recruiters attended the job fairs on the premisis. "No gays in the military; then No recruiters are allowed on their campus." "ROTC get lost" too.

Bill O'Reilly and other major news hounds are all over these Santa Cruz protests. The entire nations hears about them. So why are those student protesters such wimps at UC Davis?

gunsmith
09-01-2009, 6:21 PM
I do wish I could make it, gunshows are under attack. "They" claim it is to stop crime but the real reason "they" hate gunshows is that they remain a political threat, not a criminal one.
I first joined the NRA at a cow palace show.

raddante
09-01-2009, 9:39 PM
Sorry, I was late on the time of the seminar. I AM a UC Davis student, a PhD Candidate at that, and I am bringing several other outraged citizen students also working on a PhD of their own in hopes of bringing some scientific reality to this side show they are masquerading as "science" of neurodevelopmental disorders.

Please come if you are available.

"The only thing needed for evil to persist is for Good Men to do and say nothing"
-unknown but damn good.

trautert
09-01-2009, 9:45 PM
I certainly wish you guys luck, although I hold no high hopes in this environment.

Putting up a request for a presence this late doesn't help, though, for those of us who are no longer graduate students, but actually have to show up at work every day.

Tom

bwiese
09-01-2009, 11:00 PM
I'm a bit puzzled why there's so much interest in this, when we coulda used more folks showing up for a REAL fight on the F&GC lead ammo ban and calling/writing against AB 962.

We know what these people think, and attending is just putting lipstick on a pig.

SJgunguy24
09-01-2009, 11:16 PM
I'm a bit puzzled why there's so much interest in this, when we coulda used more folks showing up for a REAL fight on the F&GC lead ammo ban and calling/writing against AB 962.

We know what these people think, and attending is just putting lipstick on a pig.

Bill please! Do away with this......this......common sense thing. I wish I could go and get away with the same B.S. that the anti's pull.

I agree though, why waste the breath talking to living brain donors that have nothing to do with making laws.
Not that the idiots in Sacramento are any better but they hold the keys.

cousinkix1953
09-01-2009, 11:37 PM
I do wish I could make it, gunshows are under attack. "They" claim it is to stop crime but the real reason "they" hate gunshows is that they remain a political threat, not a criminal one.
I first joined the NRA at a cow palace show.
How dare you sign petitions a gun show. They didn't like us organizing against Prop 15 at the gun shows back in 1982 either. I can still see the moron, who walked up to a dealer's table at the fairgrounds in San Jose. He was looking at a .44 magnum and rambling on about Saturday night specials. We just laughed our asses off...