PDA

View Full Version : Oh happy day!!!

schizrade
05-24-2005, 7:33 PM
My new P2000 is now in my house. Frickin sweet.

So, CLP is probably not the best lube for it I am guessing. Any suggestions?

imported_lunde
05-24-2005, 8:11 PM
Congrats! I use Break-Free on mine, but it's important to lube only metal-to-metal contact points. There's no reason to over-lube it.

schizrade
05-24-2005, 8:26 PM
Originally posted by lunde:
Congrats! I use Break-Free on mine, but it's important to lube only metal-to-metal contact points. There's no reason to over-lube it.

Cool that's what I have. Some high and mighty told me that Break-Free was bad for handguns. My P22 loves it. Just checking. Now i have to get to a range.

edizon
05-24-2005, 11:12 PM
I think we all picked up our P2000's from City Arms. Schizrade, is yours a .9mm too?

schizrade
05-24-2005, 11:58 PM
.40 S&W

My next gun will be 9mm Walther P99c.

Turbinator
05-25-2005, 8:33 AM
Originally posted by Schizrade:
Cool that's what I have. Some high and mighty told me that Break-Free was bad for handguns. My P22 loves it. Just checking.

First I've heard of this. Break-Free, if I'm not mistaken, is sold and marketed as being made for firearms. Whether it is or isn't, I have used it for a long time and have never had any problems associated with proper use of Break-Free CLP. I will say that CLP in general is not good for long term storage as it tends to dry up and get gummy, but other than that, I've had excellent results from using it.

Turby

schizrade
05-25-2005, 9:32 AM
Same here, but you know how know-it-alls can be. They just know. This guy said it breaks the polymer down!?! Whatever.

Turbinator
05-25-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Schizrade:
Same here, but you know how know-it-alls can be. They just know. This guy said it breaks the polymer down!?! Whatever.

Hilarious. I use it on my Glock all the time with no problem.. and it's been about 8 years now?? http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Turby