PDA

View Full Version : Northern Competition Status

csorin
09-01-2009, 10:22 AM
I have had an order with Northern Competition (http://www.northerncompetition.com/) for quite some time now. In the past, if I had a question, I would call up, leave a message, and promptly hear back from Lee. As of a couple weeks ago, their website has stopped working properly, and now the phone number is no longer taking messages. Does anyone know the status of Lee and Northern Competition for that matter? Thanks.

ocabj
09-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Friends of mine looking to get some new NM SR barrels / uppers told me Northern Competition is just swamped and has a very, very, very long wait.

One of my friends just ended up ordering a White Oak Armament complete upper since the quoted time was slightly better than the one quoted by NC.

csorin
09-01-2009, 10:55 AM
Ocabj,

I ordered my upper in April. At the time, I would have conversations with Lee discussing the specifics of the upper, etc. The original quote for wait time was 8-12 weeks. A month ago I called to check on the status of my upper order, and Lee promptly returned my call. He said it was looking to be a couple weeks out, and that I should call again at that time.

Two weeks ago, I decided to make the the upper featureless by nixing the flash hider and the bayonet lug. I wrote an e-mail as well as left a message asking for confirmation of the change. I have not heard back since. This morning, I tried calling and the phone number is no longer taking messages.

Up until this point, these guys have been super professional. Lee seems like a stand up guy, and always returned my calls promptly. I guess I'm just wondering if anything happened to the guy, if he went out of country, etc. This is the first time it's been a total blackout with him.

csorin
09-01-2009, 11:02 AM
Alright, just got an e-mail from an HP friend. Sounds like Lee has been in Israel. And there it is.