PDA

View Full Version : Safes

Spotted Owl
04-15-2005, 1:28 PM
I'm looking for a small gun safe to hold about 8 rifles/shotguns. I'm not looking for anything fancy (it's going in the garage, not the living room), and it doesn't have to be a well-known brand name, just something to securely hold my guns and meet the Cal. DOJ standards.

How much should a safe like this cost? What brands should I consider/avoid?

Are there any dealers in the Bay Area with a good in-stock selection? Most of the local stores show me catalogs, but I'd rather look at the real deal before I buy.

Thanks.

Spotted Owl
04-15-2005, 1:28 PM
I'm looking for a small gun safe to hold about 8 rifles/shotguns. I'm not looking for anything fancy (it's going in the garage, not the living room), and it doesn't have to be a well-known brand name, just something to securely hold my guns and meet the Cal. DOJ standards.

How much should a safe like this cost? What brands should I consider/avoid?

Are there any dealers in the Bay Area with a good in-stock selection? Most of the local stores show me catalogs, but I'd rather look at the real deal before I buy.

Thanks.

sned45
04-15-2005, 2:02 PM
I'm very happy with my Liberty (http://www.libertysafe.com/default.lasso) safe. One thing to remember is find a safe you like and get the next size up.

PressCheck
04-15-2005, 3:01 PM
What sned45 said.

Blue
04-15-2005, 3:05 PM
I paid $130 out the door for a Stack On 8 gun "safe". It's more like a file cabinet shaped like a gun safe. It's way too small aready though I've got 15? guns crammed into it. I was at Reeds in San Jose last week when I bought my M1a and they have a TON of safes in their showroom. Real reasonable prices too.

Ducati748r
04-15-2005, 5:13 PM
I'd check out Reeds in San Jose. They have a large selection of gun safes and I found one that would be perfect for someone living in an apartment. It had enough room for several long guns and shelves for handguns and other items but wasn't a huge safe..if I remember correctly it was a total just under 300lbs. and the price was less than $400.00

Blue
04-15-2005, 5:31 PM
Reeds is just awesome. Did you check out that demo safe they had with the plexiglass so you could see how the safe worked? That thing was really cool

Spotted Owl
04-15-2005, 6:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Reeds is just awesome. Did you check out that demo safe they had with the plexiglass so you could see how the safe worked? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got to go there to pick up a new shotgun on Sunday ( http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif), so I'll check it out. Thanks.

Ducati748r
04-15-2005, 6:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blue84s10:
Reeds is just awesome. Did you check out that demo safe they had with the plexiglass so you could see how the safe worked? That thing was really cool </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup I saw that. I have a browning gun safe and it's built solid. The only problem is that I might be moving to a apartment so I might sell it and get a smaller safe..the one I mentioned earlier I saw at Reeds. It's good enough to keep my guns secured and that's all that really counts. http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Blue
04-15-2005, 7:09 PM
how big is your browning safe? how much? i gotta go to Reeds on monday to pick up my M1a and tuesday to pick up my 1911, i get to drool twice over the nice gun safes. some of those things look like you could just move an office inside of them they're so big and well lit up. crazyness