PDA

View Full Version : The Arizona Gun Stunt and the Pastor of Death

6172crew
09-01-2009, 8:05 AM
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/34567_The_Arizona_Gun_Stunt_and_the_Pastor_of_Deat h

Another reason we need to have folks coordinate.

Corbin Dallas
09-01-2009, 8:16 AM
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/34567_The_Arizona_Gun_Stunt_and_the_Pastor_of_Deat h

Another reason we need to have folks coordinate.

Nothing personal, but I can't really stand behind and promote a website that reports the news labeled "Little Green Footballs".

Adding to that, this "STORY" was reported by ABC in Tempe...

Quoting "A man of the cloth wants to kill our president, how sick can you get?"

Did you hear the Pastor say "I want to KILL the president?" I sure didn't. I heard the pastor say "I'd like to see him die like Ted Kennedy of brain cancer."

This is why I hate the news, they twist the story to fit the mould they want the listener to hear.

I emplore you, watch that video more than once and you'll find the story has more holes than swiss cheese.

mtptwo
09-01-2009, 9:33 AM
Did you hear the Pastor say "I want to KILL the president?" I sure didn't. I heard the pastor say "I'd like to see him die like Ted Kennedy of brain cancer."

measures of degrees.

dantodd
09-01-2009, 10:27 AM
"I'd like to see him die like Ted Kennedy of brain cancer."

Uh.... that makes it better???

How about "I pray that he will see the path of righteousness and rolls back the damage that has been done to our constitution this centuty."

POLICESTATE
09-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Some pastor, if I recall he should be blessing his enemies, not cursing them. Takes all kinds I guess.

dfletcher
09-01-2009, 10:41 AM
Well, the fellow in New Hampshire helped himself in an interview after the event and the fellow in AZ did not help himself in an interview after the event. Just a reminder that the showisn't over when the crowds leave for the day.

When someone readily talks about wanting God to strike down a certain person it occurs to me that fellow may have no problem considering himself as the means to that end.

dantodd
09-01-2009, 10:45 AM
Well, the fellow in New Hampshire helped himself in an interview after the event and the fellow in AZ did not help himself in an interview after the event. Just a reminder that the showisn't over when the crowds leave for the day.

When someone readily talks about wanting God to strike down a certain person it occurs to me that fellow may have no problem considering himself as the means to that end.

Certainly wouldn't be unheard of: Paul Hill (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Jennings_Hill)

tenpercentfirearms
09-01-2009, 10:59 AM
Do we know for certain the guy with the AR was in his church? I found it too coincidental.

Maestro Pistolero
09-01-2009, 10:59 AM
Sickening. The guy's a loose cannon. we need to run, not walk from anything to do with Chris B.

We don't need a martyr. People are already disillusioned with the President. They are seeing that the concerns of the middle and the right were well founded. Obama needs to stay right where he is for the next 3 1/2 tears, to stand as a monument to the stupidity of the extreme left, and then be sent peacefully on his way to live out the rest of his life in obscurity.

htjyang
09-01-2009, 11:39 AM
This is essentially a replay of what happened to Joe the Plumber: The media is out to dig up everything in the poor guy's past to discredit him.

It's not surprising that people who feel so passionately may be connected with extreme points of view. I for one don't think his pastor is any worse than Rev. Jeremiah Wright. Obama stayed in Wright's church for 20 years. He even made a speech to try to defend him.

That said, it would be nice if gun rights supporters can exercise some prudence.

hoffmang
09-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Little Green Footballs is relatively trustworthy. They were a major part of breaking the Dan Rather/60 Minutes forged documents scandal.

-Gene

Corbin Dallas
09-01-2009, 2:49 PM
Uh.... that makes it better???

How about "I pray that he will see the path of righteousness and rolls back the damage that has been done to our constitution this centuty."

Yea, it does. The pastor hopes the President dies of a natural death. Be it a bit painful, but natural none-the-less.

Look, so what, the pastor openly regards the president as pond scum. Are you going to sit here and say you don't wish the current prez gone? At least the pastor was man enough to say it.

tenpercentfirearms
09-01-2009, 3:11 PM
Yea, it does. The pastor hopes the President dies of a natural death. Be it a bit painful, but natural none-the-less.

Look, so what, the pastor openly regards the president as pond scum. Are you going to sit here and say you don't wish the current prez gone? At least the pastor was man enough to say it.

I think it has something to do with the fact that he is completely outside of certain basic Biblical principles.

mtptwo
09-01-2009, 3:32 PM
I think it has something to do with the fact that he is completely outside of certain basic Biblical principles.

That, and requesting that the fairly elected PotUS dies. That guy is a truly upstanding character.

dantodd
09-01-2009, 3:39 PM
Are you going to sit here and say you don't wish the current prez gone? At least the pastor was man enough to say it.

I do wish the current president gone. Out of office, in 3.5 years. That is a mighty far cry from what this so called pastor is trying to cause. If you have read anything I have posted here you will know that I am unafraid of speaking my mind and I do so without the pseudo anonymity of a nom de plume.

Dr. Peter Venkman
09-01-2009, 3:41 PM
Nothing personal, but I can't really stand behind and promote a website that reports the news labeled "Little Green Footballs"

This is why I hate the news, they twist the story to fit the mould they want the listener to hear.

I emplore you, watch that video more than once and you'll find the story has more holes than swiss cheese.

LGF is a right-wing website. That's what the MSM labels it as anyways.

B Strong
09-01-2009, 5:03 PM
Is it this guy?

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/god-commands-you-kill-gays.html?q=content/god-commands-you-kill-gays

I think he might have some issues that we don't ned to be associated with as gun rights supprorters.

He was also praying for Obama to get brain cancer, along with some other unique exploitations of faith.

Nose Nuggets
09-01-2009, 5:06 PM
its not even an article BY little green footballs. its an ABC news report on some guys horribly named website.

This pastor is the guy who recorded himself being hassled by border patrol a bunch of times when they asked him questions crossing a checkpoint. a checkpoint on us soil, some 50+ miles from any international border.

say what you want about the pastor, chances are its a reasonable argument. but uh, who the hell cares what this guy says? hes got just as much a right to voice his displeasure with the current president as anyone does to shout praise. i might not agree with him. i dont think Obama dying would fix any damn thing. hell, it could be McCain or Huckaby or 90% of the other candidates in the POTUS seat and we would still be on the same road.