PDA

View Full Version : CFLC on firearm returned

eltee
09-01-2009, 6:14 AM
I searched, nothing close that I could find. Guy out of California buys a used gun from California. FFL (Calif) to FFL (Another State) shipment. Buyer balks and whines, wants a refund. Must the buyer's FFL go through CFLC simply to return the firearm? It has not been 4473'd to the new owner, it has remained at the other FFL's shop.

jksupplyco
09-01-2009, 7:50 AM
I searched, nothing close that I could find. Guy out of California buys a used gun from California. FFL (Calif) to FFL (Another State) shipment. Buyer balks and whines, wants a refund. Must the buyer's FFL go through CFLC simply to return the firearm? It has not been 4473'd to the new owner, it has remained at the other FFL's shop.

I'm not sure there is specific verbiage covering that situation. You could call the DOJ, but they rarely have the answers. If it was me, I'd err on the side of caution, and get the sending FFL to do a CFLC. Technically, it went from the Ca FFLs inventory to the receiving FFLs inventory. The reason its coming back is irrellevant, its coming back to the Ca FFL, thereby requiring the CFLC. <---- Just my .02

tenpercentfirearms
09-01-2009, 10:07 AM
Yes. CFLC is required.

eltee
09-01-2009, 11:43 AM
Lesson learned potential here. When selling a gun out of state and shipping to an FFL, find out if the receiving FFL is willing / able to comply with CFLC just in case the gun has to come back.