PDA

View Full Version : How long do threads stay on this page?

sfwdiy
09-01-2009, 2:18 AM
How long does a thread have to go without a bump before it drops off the front page? I'm only seeing about 6 threads in the Tech forum right now. Earlier there were a lot more.

--B

sfwdiy
09-01-2009, 2:20 AM
Weird. As soon as I posted this thread all the old ones below it became visible. Anyone else seeing this behavior?

--B

artherd
09-01-2009, 2:21 AM
This forum seems to show "from the beginning" for me. I don't know enough about vB yet to say if there's a master setting or it's my browser or such.

The dynamic behavior you describe is - odd.

sfwdiy
09-01-2009, 2:34 AM
This forum seems to show "from the beginning" for me. I don't know enough about vB yet to say if there's a master setting or it's my browser or such.

The dynamic behavior you describe is - odd.

Yeah, it seems kinda strange. It's happened a couple times, too. I'll jump to the tech forum and only see the six or seven most recent threads. After a refresh, the whole list shows up.

OS X 10.5.8, Firefox 3.5.2.

So what are you doing up this late? :p

--B

artherd
09-01-2009, 4:31 AM
heheh, my team and I are working on both calguns.net and gunpal :D

No idea still what would be causing the odd jumps in displayed posts. down towards the bottom of the page what are the view-since settings at?

Librarian
09-01-2009, 12:01 PM
My display options are set for "last 10 days", and I see 23 threads this morning.

Oldest thread is the sticky, from 8/25, so that should be all of them ... except that the main forum page thinks there are 27.

sfwdiy
09-01-2009, 12:22 PM
heheh, my team and I are working on both calguns.net and gunpal :D

No idea still what would be causing the odd jumps in displayed posts. down towards the bottom of the page what are the view-since settings at?

It just happened again and the view options were set for "Last Day". What I can't figure out is why that setting seems to flip at random on me.

--B

obeygiant
09-01-2009, 5:28 PM
It just happened again and the view options were set for "Last Day". What I can't figure out is why that setting seems to flip at random on me.

--B

I'd have to look up the reference but I believe there was an issue with mac osx and firefox's handling of cookies. Could it be that you were over in the 2A forum and then switched to this one. I think by default 2A will show the last 24 hours worth of posts. Maybe try clearing your cookies and see if the problem is still happening.