PDA

View Full Version : my commie stuff!

glennsche
08-31-2009, 8:32 PM
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s52/glennsche/CIMG1409.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s52/glennsche/CIMG1412.jpg

and yes, the VZ58 is CA legal, its all pinned and the right length and stuff. took ages to get it all put together right.

shmeddie
09-01-2009, 4:45 PM
I like that svt-40. You don't see many of those around. How well does that shoot?

P.S. I love commie guns. Over 100 years of history right there. Wait... no AK?

Saigon1965
09-01-2009, 8:15 PM
Nice collection - Need to complete it with a true AK though - But the VZ will do meanwhile -

glennsche
09-01-2009, 9:33 PM
I like that svt-40. You don't see many of those around. How well does that shoot?

P.S. I love commie guns. Over 100 years of history right there. Wait... no AK?

the svt is fun to shoot! its one of my favorites. the only thing i dislike about it is how difficult it is to clean; you have to take off the front ring and the stamped parts to get to the gas system, which is kind of a pain in the butt since the ring is on so tight.

nope, no ak... but i think the vz'll do as far as being representative of the "type". :) AKs seem to be their own family there are so many variants.

i think this'll conclude the commie stuff for me, now i need to get more mausers a garand and an enfield mk4 no2

Gator Monroe
09-01-2009, 9:36 PM
Tokarev or makorov anyone ?

shmeddie
09-02-2009, 4:40 AM
the svt is fun to shoot! its one of my favorites. the only thing i dislike about it is how difficult it is to clean; you have to take off the front ring and the stamped parts to get to the gas system, which is kind of a pain in the butt since the ring is on so tight.

nope, no ak... but i think the vz'll do as far as being representative of the "type". :) AKs seem to be their own family there are so many variants.

i think this'll conclude the commie stuff for me, now i need to get more mausers a garand and an enfield mk4 no2

The complexity of the svt-40 was it's downfall. Too complicated for the soviet grunts. Shortly after it was fielded in WWII, USSR withdrew it and re issued the nagant rifles. I heard those svt-40's are pretty accurate. Maybe after I get my C&R I will try to find one of those.

glennsche
09-02-2009, 11:17 AM
The complexity of the svt-40 was it's downfall. Too complicated for the soviet grunts. Shortly after it was fielded in WWII, USSR withdrew it and re issued the nagant rifles. I heard those svt-40's are pretty accurate. Maybe after I get my C&R I will try to find one of those.

they're decent, yeah. and semi auto with the 7.62x54 is fun! :)

they're around, but they aint cheap. The SVT is nearly as much as the rest of the collection put together.

loather
09-29-2009, 8:17 PM
Excellent collection. WANT.