PDA

View Full Version : Potential California Training Classes - 2010

va_dinger
08-30-2009, 6:27 PM
Grey Group is actively searching for host ranges in California for 2010. If you are interested in hosting an open enrollment class for 2010, or your Military unit/LE agency requires training please let us know. We handle some of the premier instructors in the industry. Our store and company website can also meet your gear and weapon accessory needs.

Instructors available – pending their schedules/availability.

In no particular order:

Ken Hackathorn
Paul Howe www.combatshootingandtactics.com
Larry Vickers www.vickerstactical.com
Brain Searcy/TigerSwan www.tigerswan.biz
Jim Smith www.spartantactical.com
Frank Garcia www.frankgarciausa.com
Dave Harrington (Combatspeed LLC) – Website in the works
Bennie Cooley www.benniecooley.com
Kyle Defoor www.kyledefoor.com

More to come……..

Grey Group Training looks forward to meeting your training, gear, and weapon accessory needs and requirements.

Thank you,
Paul A. Hotaling

My contact info:
Paul A. Hotaling
Director of Training
Grey Group Training
Cell: 757-435-3264
Email: training@greygrouptraining.com

HCz
08-31-2009, 12:09 AM
If you could get Vickers, Howe, or Smith for pistol in SoCal I'd be really interested.

3 ranges I would recommend for SoCal(LA, OC, Riverside county)

1. Angeles - Eagle's nest is nice, but then again LAPD pretty much owns that place, so might have to use other areas
2. Burro - bit rustic, but has basic stuffs
3. Prado - range and the building(covers) are there.
4. Raahauges - don't know much, but FTA has there presence there.

capntroy
08-31-2009, 1:28 AM
What, no Pat Rogers? :D

va_dinger
09-01-2009, 6:58 PM
If you could get Vickers, Howe, or Smith for pistol in SoCal I'd be really interested.

3 ranges I would recommend for SoCal(LA, OC, Riverside county)

1. Angeles - Eagle's nest is nice, but then again LAPD pretty much owns that place, so might have to use other areas
2. Burro - bit rustic, but has basic stuffs
3. Prado - range and the building(covers) are there.
4. Raahauges - don't know much, but FTA has there presence there.

Sounds good, thanks for the advise.

I just sent you a PM also.

jrau13
09-01-2009, 7:34 PM
Ill be checking in on this thread.

HCz
09-01-2009, 9:50 PM
Sounds good, thanks for the advise.

I just sent you a PM also.

Reply sent.

haiedras
09-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Good to see you over here from M4C Paul. I concur with a pistol class up here in the Bay Area/Sacramento area. Just hope I can get away from the newborn for a weekend by then. :)

In the immediate Bay Area, there's Chabot and Richmond G&R in the East Bay, and Metcalf down in San Jose that I can think of offhand.

Good luck with finding host ranges out here in 2010!

PonchoTA
09-02-2009, 7:04 AM
Here in the Ventura area, there is Ojai Valley Gun Club and Piru ranges. Don't know anything more about them specifically, but you might be able to talk to them about this.

This is like a skills course,yes? I'd be interested if so. Basic? Intermediate? Advanced only?

Would REALLY like to learn to shoot my pistols (and rifles too!) better.

va_dinger
09-02-2009, 8:10 PM
Thanks guys, Grey Group Training is very committed to getting you guys the classes you want for 2010. Right at home in California.

So far I'm working on a tentative Vickers Tactical Level-I handgun class January 16-17 (Fri-Sat), 2010. I am also be working on a Spartan Tactical carbine class for 2010.

If you guys want a specific instructor for 2010 please feel free to contact me with range suggestions and contact info. I will handle everything else.

Thanks again guys.

badicedog
09-02-2009, 8:16 PM
I'm in, keep me informed.

va_dinger
09-05-2009, 5:19 PM
This is like a skills course,yes? I'd be interested if so. Basic? Intermediate? Advanced only?

That would depend on what you guys want.

My suggestion would be for Level I classes though if this is your first training class with instructors of this caliber. No matter what your skill level is, chances are you can learn something from these guys.

P.S. to everyone;

Keep those range suggestions coming. It’s far easier for me to find suitable ranges if I have a heads up from guys like you who know the area.

va_dinger
09-23-2009, 1:39 PM
The 1st of 4-5 classes is being posted up today.

Vickers Tactical
TigerSwan
Ken Hackathorn
Jim Smith or Southnarc
Maybe one more.

Jicko
09-23-2009, 1:45 PM
Look into Pala range too.... www.ncsapala.com

And maybe bring in Suarez International and Magpul Dynamics too!

As for Magpul Dynamics, I am all for doing their Carbine 2 course once again.... or customize their Carbine 2 to include some Dynamic Pistol coverage...

:D