PDA

View Full Version : Calguns LA Meeting report

lomalinda
08-30-2009, 12:36 PM
Got to meet four good guys from the CG community today. One of the major issues that we're all facing is the fact that the anti's have mobilized a potent advertising campaing to paint us into a negative light. Naturally, one of the major topics of today's meeting was how we can, both as individuals and collectively, represent firearms ownership in a responsible, honest, and appealing way.

One of the biggest problems facing our community is the impending full senate vote on AB 962. I am considering my options, which include flying up to Sacramento and joining with other people opposed to this bill to discuss the topic in a calm, rational manner with those charged with voting on it. Of course, professional responsiblities might not allow this, but other options exist, too. These include getting the message out at our local range (Angeles, in my case) and with other gun owners.

AB 962 is the perfect bill to crimp the gun ownership rights of law-abiding citizens while allow bonafide criminals to continue to misuse firearms in a way that will give the anti's more fuel for future legislative mischief. Getting the word out has to happen NOW, and together we can do it.

Feel free to post here or PM me for information on this and other causes affecting our rights as California gun owners. The 1968 Gun Control Act, Roberti-Roos and other laws came before the Internet and our ability to rapidly mobilize for our cause. Let's not let these nitwits get away with further erosions of our constitutionally-described rights.

lomalinda
08-30-2009, 12:40 PM
I hasten to add that I am relatively new to the CG ranks, and am not a "board member" or serving in any official capacity. Rather, I am like many of you: concerned about the widespread loss of freedoms in this country, with a particular interest in preserving our 2A rights.

There's a role for each of us in this fight, no matter how small. I might not have been involved in the early days of the OLL era, but I've benefited from it and I'm sure interested in the next stage of this evolution. After all, I'm all for hope and change, too!

:D

bomb_on_bus
08-30-2009, 1:35 PM
Glad to see you are avid about keeping your rights!