View Full Version : NYC Police: Teen Slain(stabbed) for His iPod

07-03-2005, 1:19 PM
NYC Police: Teen Slain(stabbed) for His iPod

NEW YORK - Two teenagers were under arrest Sunday on suspicion of killing another teen for his iPod portable music player, police said.
The boys were facing charges of murder, robbery and weapons possession in the death of 15-year-old Christopher Rose, police said.

Rose and three friends were accosted by a group of young men Saturday evening in Brooklyn, police said. Members of the group demanded Rose's iPod and stabbed him twice in the chest when he resisted. The group fled, taking Rose's iPod and a backpack, police said.

Police also have reported a wave of iPod robberies on city subways, saying in April that 50 iPods had been stolen this year, compared to none over the same period last year.

Authorities believe that most robbers kept the devices, which can retail for about $100 to $500, for personal use rather than selling them.

07-03-2005, 2:37 PM
I'm never stepping foot in New York even if I was being paid. I think that city is filth and the government there is full of morons.

Gun issues aside, they won't even let you carry pepper spray. And they wonder why there are so many crime victims in New York.

07-03-2005, 4:37 PM
I just posted this article because I thought it to be important. Since soo many gun control advocates say crime is down thanks to their opressive laws. Obviously if it were working we wouldn't see these things now would we? But we got people who just don't care, while they say they do. Conspiracy? Maybe.. This is more proof you can't control behavior by prohibiting something.

07-04-2005, 1:24 PM
What's wrong with today's teens? Why would they kill someone for friggin iPod? Get a job!

07-04-2005, 3:28 PM
Originally posted by LongBch_SigP226:
What's wrong with today's teens? Why would they kill someone for friggin iPod? Get a job!

It's not their fault. It is ours for having a job and being able to afford the nice things in life. All we are doing is keep those poor miss guided souls down. Oh won't someone think of the children!

The above should not be taken as my true feelings just a rant on what the crazies in the world will say.

07-04-2005, 7:07 PM
Using liberal left logic, it must be time to file a class action lawsuit against Apple.

07-11-2005, 7:25 PM
Two boys, 16 and 17, were arrested for the murder.

That was a clean and safe neighborhood when I lived in Brooklyn 50 years ago.

There's a story in sciencedaily about kids using "subterfuge" to hide or disguise their Ipods.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/upi/?feed=TopNews&article=U...bc-us-ipodthefts.xml (http://www.sciencedaily.com/upi/?feed=TopNews&article=UPI-1-20050711-11004600-bc-us-ipodthefts.xml)

Interesting because I just viewed a story on the History Channel about camouflage.

Didn't dummy cell phones make a brief appearance in the early 90s?