PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Sac County C&R holders.

leitung
08-29-2009, 2:39 PM
I am approaching my 21st birthday, and I have the application for an 03 FFL stting here in front of me on my desk, filled out and ready to go.

I have some questions about how did you deliver the 2nd copy of the form to the Sheriff? Mail it in or walk it in?

Also,
I know the COE + C&R allows me to but C&R long guns and have them shipped to my house, and I have to log them in the bound book. I also know that C&R handguns have to be sent to an 01 ffl for DROS but then they are cash and carry. I also know that you can buy C&R long guns and handguns out of state, bring the to CA, provided you register the handguns with the form.

What I am still unclear about is when I am at a dealer, and I want to buy a C&R firearm from his inventory, I have my COE & C&R in hand, do I still need to do a 10 day wait?

Also, do I still have to log firearms bought from an 01FFL with my C&R in the bound book?

Thanks for your time..

Mssr. Eleganté
08-29-2009, 3:30 PM
I have some questions about how did you deliver the 2nd copy of the form to the Sheriff? Mail it in or walk it in?

Mail it. Unless you want to save the price of a postage stamp and have some time to kill hanging out at a government building and you enjoy talking to civil servants.

I know the COE + C&R allows me to buy C&R long guns and have them shipped to my house, and I have to log them in the bound book.

You don't need a COE for that. You can do that with just the C&R FFL. The long guns also need to be at least 50 years old.

I also know that C&R handguns have to be sent to an 01 ffl for DROS but then they are cash and carry.

Yes, cash and carry if you have the C&R FFL and the COE. Many California Dealers don't know about this though. Also, the Dealer will still need to run the DROS and charge you $25.

I also know that you can buy C&R long guns and handguns out of state, bring the to CA, provided you register the handguns with the form.

Yes, you can pick up C&R handguns and long guns of any age while out of state. You don't need the COE for this.

What I am still unclear about is when I am at a dealer, and I want to buy a C&R firearm from his inventory, I have my COE & C&R in hand, do I still need to do a 10 day wait?

No ten day wait. You can cash and carry C&R handguns and long guns of any age. Again, many FFL's don't know about this and he still has to run the DROS and you still have to pay the $25 DROS fee.

Also, do I still have to log firearms bought from an 01FFL with my C&R in the bound book?

Yes. Federal law requires C&R FFL's to log all receipts and dispositions of C&R firearms.

762cavalier
08-29-2009, 7:34 PM
What Mssr. said. He covered all your questions. :cool2: