PDA

View Full Version : Plumas National Forest

southsti
08-29-2009, 9:56 AM
I plan on making a trip up there in the next month or so and go camping with some friends. I remember hearing about a law trying to be passed to allow carrying firearms in National Forests.

Can anyone tell me if its legal to open carry my pistol in this National Forest? If not is there a legal way I can bring my pistol?

I would like to bring my pistol with me but I do not want any trouble with the law.

Quemtimebo
08-29-2009, 10:15 AM
I plan on making a trip up there in the next month or so and go camping with some friends. I remember hearing about a law trying to be passed to allow carrying firearms in National Forests.

Can anyone tell me if its legal to open carry my pistol in this National Forest? If not is there a legal way I can bring my pistol?

I would like to bring my pistol with me but I do not want any trouble with the law.

Open-carry (and concealed-carry, under certain circumstances) of firearms has always been permitted in National Forests, with a few exceptions. http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/plumas/

If you do not have a hunting or fishing license, you might want to call a ranger and ask if there are currently any restrictions on firearms shooting due to fire conditions.

southsti
08-29-2009, 10:31 AM
Open-carry (and concealed-carry, under certain circumstances) of firearms has always been permitted in National Forests, with a few exceptions. http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/plumas/

If you do not have a hunting or fishing license, you might want to call a ranger and ask if there are currently any restrictions on firearms shooting due to fire conditions.

Thanks! I found this

Fireworks and Firearms
Discharging a firearm or any other implement
capable of taking human life, causing injury, or
damaging property as follows: (1) in or within 150
yards of a residence, building, campsite, developed
recreation site, or occupied area, or (2) across or
on a Forest Development road or a body of water
adjacent thereto, or in any manner or place whereby
any person or property is exposed to injury or
damage as a result of such discharge. (261.10d)
Discharging or igniting a firecracker, rocket or other
firework, or explosive. (261.14d)

Off of their website, so it looks like I am good to go, I wasn't planning on discharging, just carrying.

rugit
08-29-2009, 12:12 PM
my grandparents live on the shores of Lake Almanor. i go backpacking up there every once and a while. there is a Wilderness area just east of Lassen national park that i open carry loaded in... now that i think of it, I am probably in Lassen National Forest, not Plumas.

10fcp
08-29-2009, 1:13 PM
Me and my cousin used to go deer hunting there. It's real nice up there. You should be gtg in the national forest. Parks are a different story.

southsti
08-29-2009, 2:25 PM
So Loaded carry is legal in National Forests?

fairfaxjim
08-29-2009, 6:11 PM
So Loaded carry is legal in National Forests?

Read this thread through completely, and then ask any remaining questions there. It's all about that.

MudCamper
08-29-2009, 7:28 PM
It has always been legal to possess, carry, and use firearms in National Forests. It is National Parks where you cannot but soon will be able to.

All the info you need is in this post: Firearms in Forests and Parks (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=186457).