PDA

View Full Version : Great afternoon at Jackson Arms

ivanimal
08-28-2009, 7:18 PM
I went to Jackson Arms to do a transfer and try out a few new reload recipes with the Drickel. It has been a while since I shot there, I will not let that much time go between the next visit. The staff was friendly and efficient. During the transfer a scab from a radiator burn on my wrist stated bleeding and ruined the 4473 form. They just laughed handed me a towel, another form and a bandaid. :43: When we got to shooting it was nice to find out that they allow pistol rapid fire. I needed to see how my reloads were going to function in my 9MM and my 45 ACP. It was nice to get the rapid fire test going to remove all doubt about cycling with this new powder. Then it was onto the FAL, AK and some Desert Eagle fun. We met a guy there with a Charles Daly/DPMS build. I asked him if he frequented the forum. He said he did but was not a member. he came to learn to build his AR. It was a perfectly legal build and made me a little proud of this site! We let him shoot the AK and now I believe he is hooked. The Drickel strikes again! I will definitely be shooting there again soon. Thanks Minder!

joelogic
08-28-2009, 7:22 PM
Next time give me a shout.

thedrickel
08-28-2009, 7:48 PM
Yeah, it was fun. Had to stifle my reaction when the other guy was shooting his AR at the target 6yd away. Also when he was explaining the legality and function of his BB to us. :)

Sheepdog1968
08-28-2009, 7:56 PM
I've shot there a lot and almost always leave with a smile on my face. My only complaint is the individual spot lights for each shooting lane are broken and its a bit dim, especially on the rifle bay. Other than that I like it there. The staff has always treated me nicely as well.

Ishoot
08-28-2009, 9:59 PM
Glad you had a good time..I'm there a few times a month and I always leave as a happy customer. Now if I can only convince them to allow me to draw from the hip...;)

mister dize
08-29-2009, 1:36 PM
You should have left the blood on the 4473. Raise a few eyebrows at the DOJ :43:

bden
08-31-2009, 1:11 AM
A friend of mine and I went out there Saturday & it was the first time for both of us at their new location (which is probably 1-2 years old now at least). Friendly and helpful staff. We rented a 1911 because my buddy is interested in buying one. It pretty well sold us both on getting one though. The .45 was a great shooter to the point that my first 5 shots for the day went through the same hole. Couldn't keep it there always after, but good times and tight groups. We did give one of the guys working there a bit of a surprise when we showed him that the grip safety was not functioning though. He appreciated us telling him & chalked it up to it being a rental.

acegunnr
08-31-2009, 1:24 AM
Some of the staff are regular members here. Not sure if they want it to be known as I never see them mention it. Good guys.

battleship
08-31-2009, 2:01 AM
I went there to test out the SW 500 before i bought one, they have one you can rent, they told me a funny story about two guys who go there to shoot SW 500, one guy stands at one end of the range stalls and the over at the opposite end, then they let rip in a stereo of 50 cal bullets, the effect is mind numbing to unsuspecting 9mm shooters and alike who are caught up in between.
Well i thought it was amusing.

B Strong
08-31-2009, 4:32 AM
I can't say enough good things about Jackson Arms - good shop, great crew, they run a tight enough ship where it's a safe environment to shoot.

I shoot there just about every Friday afternoon, so if any Calgunners want to set up a little range day, meet n greet sort of deal, PM me.

MrNiceGuy
08-31-2009, 8:31 AM
+1 for Jackson Arms, always efficient and courteous, no BS.

-1 for hanging out with TheDrickle....bad juju.....:P

50 Freak
09-02-2009, 8:58 AM
IVAN

Next time you come down to Jackson, let me know. I'll join you.....but lets try to go on "Ladies Nite"... ;-)

bruceflinch
09-12-2009, 6:37 PM
Nice to hear of a positive experience at an Indoor Range! :)

UBFRAGD
09-13-2009, 7:51 PM
Jackson Arms is a great resource. But!!!! The range itself suffers from massive neglect and the worst lighting in the business. How many Jackson Arms employees does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Or is it enforced low light level shooting training? Lights on the 7yrd and 25yrd as a minimum requirement or let us bring floodlights and extension cords. And certain lanes should be labeled as moving target lanes due to a clumsy exhaust system. It would take very little effort to bring the place up to modern standards! I always wonder if the staff gets a kick out of thinking shooters are so stupid to go to an indoor range to practice shooting at kites in the night.