PDA

View Full Version : Is there an embargo on Sacramento?

AntiBubba 2.1
08-25-2005, 5:49 PM
First it was Cheaper Than Dirt. Now Sportsman's Guide won't ship Ammo to Sacramento. Both specifically mention this city in their "restricted" sections.

Did I miss a ruling or something?

bwiese
08-25-2005, 5:58 PM
I believe there could be an ammo shipment ban in West Sac/Davis area??? But not Sacto itself. Someone can chime in here.

But overall, Sportsman's Guide is very screwed up.
They won't, for example, ship AR15 carry handles, stocks, and other parts, etc. to California. They have no idea of what the laws are & aren't and their lawbook seems to be a collection of rumors written on toilet paper.

I won't do business with them.

Bill Wiese
San Jose

just4fun63
08-25-2005, 8:24 PM
A big Ditto on Sportmen's guide! Where they get there info is totaly out of this world. It's bad enough when we can't get things that are totaly legal in other states, then these guys won't ship perfectly legal things to us. I won't do business with them.

AntiBubba 2.1
08-26-2005, 3:37 AM
Davis and W. sac are in Yolo County, which has had ammo restriction since I moved here. as it is david we're talking about, I'm not terribly surprised.

as for sg and ctd, I like 'em. I'm just trying to find out if there was some hush-hush law passed that is going to affect my ability to buy in bulk, and whether I should "move" to another town,

joel1316
08-26-2005, 2:32 PM
When I found that SG would not ship perfectly legal items to California, I quit doing business with them... Though they did give me a $10 off coupon on any purchase as an apology for cancelling my internet order for an AR (California Legal) part....