PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose an AR-15

wolfpack
08-27-2009, 11:44 PM
Hey there,

I have been lurking and I want to buy an ar-15, I have spent countless hours reading here, some things are clear and some of its fog. I don't mind building it myself, but just buying it complete sounds pretty good right now.

What I would like is a completed ar-15 with:
16" mid length barrel, not a carbine, rail upper (is that an a3 style?) so I can mount an optic scope, etc.
shorter free float lighter quad rails (light aluminum) with foldable sites
adjustable light weight rear stock,
trigger guard, bullet button
shoots 5.56 /223 and 1/7 or 1/9

Can I buy this fully assembled from a decent manufacturer?

Is STAG ARMS MODEL 2T AR-15 M4A3 FLAT TOP a carbine?

Eroland7
08-27-2009, 11:47 PM
just keep your eyes out on the marketplace here at calguns. Eventually you'll see the perfect one, you jsut have to be fast to take advantage of the good deals. you could always just buy a complete lower. Then buy the stock you want, then but a complete upper. You have a better chance of pieceing together exactly what your looking for. Welcome to CALGUNS!:D

ffs027
08-28-2009, 12:03 AM
the model you listed is a carbine. m4 generally refers to a carbine length gas system. you might be able to find a model like that from a manufacturer but would have to go through the hassle of finding an out of state middleman to affix your bullet button before it can enter the state. its probably easier to purchase a basic complete ca compliant lower, the upper of your choice and slap the two together. jmtc