PDA

View Full Version : iPod Touch

Timberline
08-27-2009, 9:01 PM
The new one, with the camera, coming out in September.

Anyone else planning to buy one? I don't need another phone, nor contract, and the ability to do VOIP will be sweet.

Bowser
08-27-2009, 10:16 PM
Hmm, does this mean the normal 8gb ipod touch will be cheaper? I need something to tinker with online browsing when I have gaps between classes, but I don't want a netbook.

Acorn556
08-27-2009, 11:04 PM
Just get an iPhone. Camera, internet, songs, and everything but it can't officially make phone calls. Seems like there's no point to buy an iTouch over a phone.

Gryff
08-28-2009, 12:16 AM
How can you do VOIP on an iPod touch? I know it has wifi but can it interface with a microphone?

Personally, I'm hoping the next one with have a web cam and microphone. But currently, you can buy a mic/earpiece that plugs into it. You can then use Skype to make VOIP calls.

Just get an iPhone. Camera, internet, songs, and everything but it can't officially make phone calls. Seems like there's no point to buy an iTouch over a phone.

An iPhone without a cellular plan is like $800+. An iPod Touch is $299.

artherd
08-28-2009, 12:55 AM
iPod touch is about the coolest iPod ever made.

iPhone *IS* the coolest iPod ever made :D

Loving my 32GB 3GS. Just wish it was on the Verizon network.

sfwdiy
08-28-2009, 2:29 PM
iPod touch is about the coolest iPod ever made.

iPhone *IS* the coolest iPod ever made :D

Loving my 32GB 3GS. Just wish it was on the Verizon network.

I'm ready to dump my iPhone over the latest debacle with Google Voice. App store restrictions suck and AT$T is the worst.

Wake me up when there's a multi-touch android phone with a physical keyboard.

--B

Blackhawk556
08-31-2009, 12:44 PM
I work for AT&T but when iPhone goes to verizon it will be great. If apple extends their contract with AT&T, it will only harm them more. Imagine how many more iPhones they cam sell by selling it on verizon's network.

Blackhawk556
08-31-2009, 12:47 PM
Anyone seen the new zune?
If you haven't done your research on the new one don't put it down. It actually looks like a very good alternative to the touch.

I'm in the market for a new pmp, if the zune has a good browser I might look at it alittle closer to replace my 160gb iPod

Timberline
09-10-2009, 6:40 AM
Oh well, that was a disappointment. Guess I'll wait a while longer...

deyv
09-10-2009, 9:37 AM
One Zune HD review claimed that the browser was the best browser the reviewer had ever used on a mobile device.

Now if they could just adjust the price downward a little.

artherd
09-10-2009, 1:54 PM
I'm ready to dump my iPhone over the latest debacle with Google Voice. App store restrictions suck and AT$T is the worst.

You're over-reacting. Just because the baby poops on you you don't chuck him out with the bathwater :)

FCC (and maybe Schmidt and Jobs making each other some pie) should fix the Google Voice issues.

sfwdiy
09-10-2009, 2:37 PM
You're over-reacting. Just because the baby poops on you you don't chuck him out with the bathwater :)

Maybe, but you have to admit, that was one huge turd.

FCC (and maybe Schmidt and Jobs making each other some pie) should fix the Google Voice issues.

I'll believe it when I can pay my $0.99 for Google Voice Mobile in the App Store.

I hope you're right, I'd prefer not to dump my iPhone. That still leaves all my unresolved grievances with AT&T, though. Like the fact that I can't get reception in my house, even though I can actually see the closest AT&T corporate store from my patio. AT&T really needs to get it's s**t in one sock.

--B

JDay
09-10-2009, 3:38 PM

Get the MyTouch and you wont have any Google Voice issues (runs Google Android) since it comes with it. You also don't have to jailbreak it to install apps that aren't on the official app store. The iPhone is overrated.

http://www.t-mobilemytouch.com/

Johnny Diablo
09-10-2009, 3:42 PM
My buddy jailbroke my phone. He has his on Verizon.

I like the cool other stuff I can do now. Before a mod gets mod happy check it out as its not illegal to jailbeak an iphone.

You can do voip with a itouch using its wifi. Look it up.

Flying Bones
10-22-2009, 10:40 AM

Wake me up when there's a multi-touch android phone with a physical keyboard.

--B

Just picked up a Sprint Hero. WoW. Changed my life.