PDA

View Full Version : Demonstrated bullet buttons to LEO's at the range

jjperl
08-27-2009, 7:32 PM
While at the range a few days ago I drew a crowd of off duty LEO's after ripping through a few mags with the toys.

Everything went well! They all knew about the legality of "OLL's" and "bullet buttons," but they had never seen or used a bullet button.

Being the nice guy that I am ;), I gave them a brief demonstration of how the bullet buttons worked (AR, AK, FAL), and then let the three of them try the BB's for themselves. They were all very impressed, and after about 10 minutes of pleasant conversation they went on their way.

Keep up the good work, everyone!

Lateralus
08-27-2009, 7:33 PM
Very well done!!

We need more encounters like this. You know, ones without the handcuffs.

AlliedArmory
08-27-2009, 7:41 PM
haha. very good to show LEO 1st hand how it works.

osis32
08-27-2009, 7:44 PM
thats the thing. you need LEOs that are interested in seeing for themselves instead of buying the propaganda and confiscating anything resembling an AR.

n2k
08-27-2009, 7:47 PM
That is great. I have a actually helped LEO build a few OLL with BB for themselves.

BRD is spreading in the ranks.

08-27-2009, 7:48 PM
What's a bullet-button:cool:

Scratch705
08-27-2009, 7:50 PM
What's a bullet-button:cool:

its like a belly button, you stick things in it and something comes out... although one of them makes things that you stick in come out smelly .... ;);)

bigbob76
08-27-2009, 7:57 PM
While at the range a few days ago I drew a crowd of off duty LEO's after ripping through a few mags with the toys.

Everything went well! They all knew about the legality of "OLL's" and "bullet buttons," but they had never seen or used a bullet button.

Being the nice guy that I am ;), I gave them a brief demonstration of how the bullet buttons worked (AR, AK, FAL), and then let the three of them try the BB's for themselves. They were all very impressed, and after about 10 minutes of pleasant conversation they went on their way.

Thank you for being a gentleman and a good promoter of preserving our rights.

jjperl
08-27-2009, 8:47 PM
Believe me, it's my pleasure. It's my little way of sticking it to the man in Sacramento. :chris:

Thank you for being a gentleman and a good promoter of preserving our rights.

dchang0
08-27-2009, 8:47 PM
Hey, we should start handing out prizes to the guys who introduce the most people to the OLL movement, with extra points for converting LEOs.

I'm serious--Calguns should post up reward money for the most (verified) converted. People could donate into a pool of prize money, then the money could be awarded annually or something like that. Not sure how we'd verify the conversion, though...

supersonic
08-27-2009, 9:12 PM
Believe me, it's my pleasure. It's my little way of sticking it to the man in Sacramento. :chris:

Wha??? What in the HELL did I do?????:p JJ- G R E A T JOB of covering some more ground on the 'mission : perpetual educate' campaign we have here! B-B-B-BRAVO!:hurray:

SIGscout
08-27-2009, 10:08 PM
It is nice to show/remind LEO's that most of the milions of gun owners are very responcible and honest. Helps 'calm the waters' in a way.
Living here in Cali the same applies to most people who have never even shot a gun before. Show them you are safe and that you have fun in a controlled enviroment and they have no grounds to argue.

PolishMike
08-27-2009, 10:11 PM
now if only they thought it was a retarded as we think it is...

n2k
08-27-2009, 10:16 PM

Funny you say that, when I was helping them put a few together.....they said WTF is this BB.

Told them welcome to CA law and sorry you couldn't get the letter from the department for this one......;)

chsk9
08-27-2009, 11:17 PM

Did they leave in a unmarked black helicopter? :eek:

Jonathan Doe
08-28-2009, 6:17 AM
Everyone at my office is VERY familiar with BB and other magazine lock devices.:cool:

SenorJefe
08-28-2009, 6:45 AM

How dare you educate our peace officers on state law and firearms technologies.

Wait, shouldn't someone else be doing that :rolleyes:

X-NewYawker
08-28-2009, 6:53 AM
Education:
FUD's only known natural enemy.

DDRH
08-28-2009, 7:17 AM
its like a belly button, you stick things in it and something comes out... although one of them makes things that you stick in come out smelly .... ;);)

:rofl2:

Funny you say that, when I was helping them put a few together.....they said WTF is this BB.

Told them welcome to CA law and sorry you couldn't get the letter from
the department for this one......;)

:rofl2:

right on jjperl! :cool2:

HUTCH 7.62
08-28-2009, 8:04 AM
Ran into an LEO at SJGE he knew nothing about OLL's He left knowing damn near everything. Always good to train the uninformed. It'll make things easier for us in the long run.

evidens83
08-28-2009, 8:07 AM
Good job! Positive encounters and interactions like this is always good for our fight.