PDA

View Full Version : Mauser replacement parts

Crusader
08-27-2009, 5:20 PM
I know this has been asked before, and in fact I think I was the one to ask it. Can't find the thread though.

Other than IMA-USA, are there any other good (reputable, reliable, inexpensive) websites that sell parts for a Mauser Kar98k? I just picked up a nice Russian Capture, and those bastards took my screws and cleaning rod.

Also, does anyone know if the early style flat buttplates are interchangeable with the later cupped buttplates? I have the flat plate, but like the look and feel of the cupped plate better.

freonr22
08-27-2009, 5:44 PM
you might try http://www.jackfirstgun.com not really online, you have to call, but they seem great!

smeg
08-27-2009, 6:23 PM
Also, does anyone know if the early style flat buttplates are interchangeable with the later cupped buttplates?

not interchangable. need to change entire stock.

cousinkix1953
08-27-2009, 7:22 PM
I see capture screws and cleaning rods on EBAY all of the time, both repros and originals. Meanwhile concentrate on making sure that you have the right stock for the period during which your rifle was made. Those commies tore those Mausers down and the mixed up those stocks and barrel bands like crazy. I picked up a mid-war 1942 action that was restocked in an early pre-war stock. It took a few weeks to locate a decent cupped stock and solid barrel band...

Crusader
08-27-2009, 7:47 PM
Mine is a 1938 with a 147 factory stamp. I don't know if the bolt on my rifle is from the same period. Does anyone know the specific stamps on the bolt assembly that could tell me when/where it was manufactured?

P.S.
The WaffenAmpt (sp?) is still intact on the stock. It's faded, but I can clearly see WaA21 as well as another German eagle below it. Very nice!

cousinkix1953
08-28-2009, 2:41 AM
The flat buttplate and H style barrel band are correct for a 98k made in 1938. The front sight isn't likely grooved for a hood either...

caldude
08-28-2009, 6:40 AM
Numrich is probably the best source for parts for any kind of surplus gun. They have screws and cleaning rods. Get your C&R license and set up a dealer account and you'll get a discount.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp?chrMasterModel=1780z98

Crusader
08-28-2009, 9:21 AM
After looking up the WaffenAmt code on my stock, I've decided to keep it. WaA214 was manufactured by Sauer und Sohn Suhl and dates to 1938, the same manufacturer and year as the receiver.

All I'm really looking for is the lock screws, cleaning rod, and now possibly a pre-war or 1938 bolt.

stevie
08-28-2009, 9:30 AM
Try Springfield Sporters

bplvr
08-30-2009, 9:58 PM
Try Tennesee Gun Parts , ...Good people .

Trench Broom
08-31-2009, 6:28 PM
I don't know if they've moved yet, but Military Historical Arms & Antiques in Glendale might be able to help. I picked up Mauser firing pin springs, cleaning rods & sight hoods from Paul's shop back in the day.