PDA

View Full Version : FAB-10: Opinions and experiences requested!

Drjones
04-13-2005, 3:08 PM
Hi all.

I am strongly considering purchasing an FAB-10. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner.

Personally, as much as it sucks that we're forced to use the 10-round recievers, it is awesome that we can have ANY upper, stock, flash hider, etc. that we want on it!

I'm asking for people's opinions and experiences with the FAB-10.

I want it just to have and for a range toy.

How quickly and easily can you load it?

Any other advice/opinions, etc. is requested.

And YES, I already did a search and found quite a few threads that I read.

Thanks!

Drjones
04-13-2005, 3:08 PM
Hi all.

I am strongly considering purchasing an FAB-10. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner.

Personally, as much as it sucks that we're forced to use the 10-round recievers, it is awesome that we can have ANY upper, stock, flash hider, etc. that we want on it!

I'm asking for people's opinions and experiences with the FAB-10.

Thanks!

imported_Telpierion
04-13-2005, 3:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ANY upper, stock, flash hider, etc. that we want on it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keep in mind overall length can't be less than 30" seven if it's a fixed mag rifle.

marklbucla
04-13-2005, 3:47 PM
Are you sure you don't wanna wait to see what happens with La Suer's AWB repeal?

bwiese
04-13-2005, 4:08 PM
Hi Mark...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">marklbucla wrote:
Are you sure you don't wanna wait to see what
happens with La Suer's AWB repeal? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ho ho ho ho, that's a RIOT!! http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Why would you even think La Suer's bill could stand even the remotest chances of passage??

LaSeur is one of two Repubs on the Aseembly Public Safety committee. Mark Leno, Rebecca Cohn, Jackie Goldberg and Mervyn Dymally are all antigun Demos, with a couple far worse than others.

With CA demographics and jerrymandered districting (and assissted by bible-thumper Repub pols who scare middle-ground voters away, who might well be neutral about gun laws), there's no chance of any CA gun laws being reversed.

For the record, Jay LaSeur has already pulled his bill from consideration - not surprising, since Assy public safety committee approved Koretz's microstamping ID bill and sent it to full assembly for debate... this face-saving move allows legislators to remove a bill that is very unpopular or doesn't stand a chance in hell of passage.

I don't even know why La Seur proposed it, other than maybe for feel-good reasons in his district.

Bill Wiese
San Jose

marklbucla
04-13-2005, 5:10 PM
I know it's not likely, but isn't this thing going to go one way or another on Tuesday?

What's a week's wait unless you have a deal right in front of you?

C.G.
04-13-2005, 7:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm asking for people's opinions and experiences with the FAB-10.

Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My 16" Armalite upper is about 1"-1.5" more accurate than my SU-16A at 100 yards, although it could be the crappy sights on the SU-16 which I haven't done anything about. The trade off is that it is slower loading, but it can be sped up by stripper clip arrangement (see Ease of Loading thread down the page and pics of my stripper clip guide mod, I am also working on a different version); also, jams are not as easy to clear because you cannot remove the magazine.
I do like my SU-16A, but if I could have a real AR-15, I would probably sell the SU-16.

icormba
04-13-2005, 8:18 PM
Mark Lemo (D), Chair, District 13
Rebecca Cohn (D), District 24
Mervyn Dymally (D), District 52
Jackie Goldberg (D), District 45

these people could care less what we say because chances are they didn't get our vote anyway. now if you could lie and say you are registered Demo & did vote for them and that you belive this bill is a good thing.... then maybe they would look at it. still probably not.

I'm trying to do my part by sharing my shooting enjoyment with my Democrap friends... I've converted 1 already... 5.9 million to go! http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

bwiese
04-14-2005, 9:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">cg wrote:
My 16" Armalite upper is about 1"-1.5" more accurate than my SU-16A at 100 yards, although it could be the crappy sights on the SU16 which I haven't done anything about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scope both of 'em and run some Black Hills or Fed Gold Medal Match ammo thru them; I think you'll find the Armalite a very, very accurate rifle even without a free-floated barrel. Wouldn't surprise me if you got 3-4 shot groups 3/4 MOA or under @ 100yds with the Armalite.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I do like my SU-16A, but if I could have a real AR-15, I would probably sell the SU-16. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hahah, yup. That's why I stocked up and got 5 AR lowers in 1998-9 besides my Colt AR and my AR10. Paranoia has its benefits.

Bill Wiese
San Jose

bwiese
04-14-2005, 9:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">icormba wrote:
Mark Leno (D), Chair, District 13
Rebecca Cohn (D), District 24
Mervyn Dymally (D), District 52
Jackie Goldberg (D), District 45

... {snip}... if you could lie and say you are registered Demo & did vote for them and that you belive this bill is a good thing.... then maybe they would look at it. still probably not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, voter registration records are public. If you contact them w/your name they can find out (1) whether or not you're registered to vote (2) if you're actually in their district
(3) what your party affiliation is (incl. 'nonpartisan' declaration)

So a bunch of folks reg'd as Democrats might carry some weight.

Bill Wiese
San Jose

C.G.
04-14-2005, 2:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Scope both of 'em and run some Black Hills or Fed Gold Medal Match ammo thru them; I think you'll find the Armalite a very, very accurate rifle even without a free-floated barrel. Wouldn't surprise me if you got 3-4 shot groups 3/4 MOA or under @ 100yds with the Armalite. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I do feed them Fed Gold Medal Match and get 3/4 MOA on non free-floated Armalite 16" upper on iron sights, 1"-2.5" on the SU-16A with stock sights (they get loose). I only have one scope and it gets loose as well after 2 or 3 rounds on both even with a lock washer, so single shot I do well but my group shots are actually worse with the scope. I don't want to Blue Loctite since I only have one scope for both.