PDA

View Full Version : FTF transaction

FinweElensar
08-27-2009, 1:51 PM
It's my first time selling a rifle to someone without a C&R license.

Do I just take down their info off a DL? Or do I need a photocopy that goes into the boundbook? I always requested a copy of my C&R licensee's document.

Can a passport, a temporary DMV license permit/work ID be enough?

Jojo

Alex$
08-27-2009, 2:04 PM
It should prove CA residency.

Passport might work, temp DMV, work ID would not suffice IMO.

rjf
08-27-2009, 2:13 PM
Copy down their name, address, drivers license number in your bound book. If you are not a C&R holder yourself, and the rifle was DROSed to you, copy the above info and file away. If there is no paperwork linking you to the rifle, don't worry about it. Make sure to the best of your knowledge the buyer is not a prohibited person.

Eat Dirt
08-27-2009, 4:17 PM
Here's a great form I use for FTF stuff

ftp://texasguntrader.com/billofsale.pdf

Just fill in the blanks

FinweElensar
08-27-2009, 4:35 PM
Here's a great form I use for FTF stuff

ftp://texasguntrader.com/billofsale.pdf

Just fill in the blanks

That's really great!

But what if the buyer only has an interim driver's license? He's getting a duplicate license from the DMV.

Eat Dirt
08-27-2009, 4:41 PM
That's really great!

But what if the buyer only has an interim driver's license? He's getting a duplicate license from the DMV.

Well >>>>>>... That depends on how well you know the person you're doing the FTF with .

If it's someone you know or have delt with before / Then no problem
But If it's someone that you 'Just' met for this tranaction .Well ...........if were me I'd tell them you have to wait till you get a real Lic. from the DMV and have them give you a copy

It's called " covering you A@# "

FinweElensar
08-27-2009, 4:57 PM
I know man, that's the scary part. Thanks a lot!

I'll be selling a Correct grade M1 garand pretty soon... just a heads up ;) A real beauty.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/jojomichael/HRA%20M1%20Garand/dbf39785.jpg

Eat Dirt
08-27-2009, 5:16 PM
I know man, that's the scary part. Thanks a lot!

I'll be selling a Correct grade M1 garand pretty soon... just a heads up ;) A real beauty.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/jojomichael/HRA%20M1%20Garand/dbf39785.jpg

No.1 If it don't feel right / Don't do it ..................:D
But really ........Do it Right . and then you won't have any worries

No 2. NOW you tell me ........ I just bought a Garand from someone else
It's O K .... But ........ import marked ... new wood