PDA

View Full Version : Corona Sportsmen's Club - "Rolling Thunder" Shoot

Corky43
08-27-2009, 1:08 PM
Save this date on your calendar. October 17th 2009

Corona Sportsmen’s Club is having another "Rolling Thunder" Shoot.

This event challenges 3 man teams (Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun) to knock down 25 bowling pins at 50 Ft. Fastest time wins.

There are both centerfire and rimfire categories.

The shoot includes an all you can eat lunch.

There are also side matches where individual shooters can earn “cash”. The more shooters there are higher the payoff.

Attached is a flyer on the event.

This event is open to members and guests.

retired
08-27-2009, 2:58 PM
I'm not a member, but I've shot there twice as a guest of 2 members and I believe I saw a mistake in the directions. They said after entering the rock
"gate," turn right then right at the T.

IIRC, you are supposed to turn left at the T, then everything else was correct.
If they turn right at the T, they will be going toward Lake Matthews Rd. right?

If it is a mistake, a lot of people are going to get lost if not a member.:eek:

Bigbear
08-27-2009, 2:59 PM
Sounds like fun. Do you need a truck to get to this place?

pennys dad
08-27-2009, 3:21 PM
Holy cow that sounds cool, Hmm I need to get my .357's trigger tuned

Corky43
08-27-2009, 6:23 PM
The directions are correct. You make a right at the "T" if you make a left you will be heading into the hills. (Deliverance county)

The road is easily navigated with just about any vehicle that can take a speed bump without crawling over it.

The last one was a blast. This one should be even better. Individual events had payouts approaching $200 each. The more we get to shoot the better the pot.

retired
08-27-2009, 6:30 PM
Ok, sorry, I guess I have to be there to recall it correctly.:)

BTW, even when you make the correct turn, it feels like Deliverance county.:eek:;)

As I drove past the creek and thru the mini forest, I felt like I had gone back to the 1800s.:)

Corky43
08-27-2009, 7:14 PM
Yea. During the winter the stream gets a little high and with the greenery you really think your are on the Cahulawassee River. All you need is a someone playing a banjo.:willy_nilly:

locosway
08-30-2009, 1:17 PM
Ok, sorry, I guess I have to be there to recall it correctly.:)

BTW, even when you make the correct turn, it feels like Deliverance county.:eek:;)

As I drove past the creek and thru the mini forest, I felt like I had gone back to the 1800s.:)

Yeah, I got lost going there last time... I finally ran into someone else going to the same place and I followed them in.

It's really in the middle of nowhere, lol.

EDIT: Is the tacshoot coming up this next weekend? It's taken forever to go through the month and I can't wait!

Corky43
08-31-2009, 10:45 AM
Yes the Tactical shoot is next Sunday. It starts at 9:00AM but you need to get there around 45 minutes early to get signed in and everything else.

We are also having a night shoot on Saturday evening. It is part of the tactical shoot and includes (of course) shooting at night. No pistol mounted lights are allowed. You need to bring a separate light.

blackberg
08-31-2009, 11:35 AM
hmm, sounds like fun, lets see if I can make it
-bb

locosway
08-31-2009, 1:23 PM
Yes the Tactical shoot is next Sunday. It starts at 9:00AM but you need to get there around 45 minutes early to get signed in and everything else.

We are also having a night shoot on Saturday evening. It is part of the tactical shoot and includes (of course) shooting at night. No pistol mounted lights are allowed. You need to bring a separate light.

What's the details on the Saturday shoot, will you post another thread for it?

Corky43
08-31-2009, 1:57 PM
Already one running. See below

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=210519