View Full Version : Suggestions for gunsmith to work on AR upper? Sac area.

08-26-2009, 11:16 PM
Like it says Im looking for a smith in the Sacramento area. I damaged the finish on the inside of my upper with a harsh bore cleaner (I know. Noob mistake). The general consensus here was "don't worry about it just run it" but I'm super picky about my guns. So I bought a new upper with the FA and ejection port already installed. I also have a railed gas block on the way. Im looking for someone who can swap out the old upper with the new one and also remove my front sight assembly and replace it with the railed gas block. Im assuming that all of the existing parts on the current upper can be reused, like the delta ring, barrel nut, Etc. but please correct me if Im wrong. It would be great if I could find someone here locally in the Sacramento/Stockton area but if I need to ship it I guess I could do that too. Who do you guys trust to do the stuff you don't have the skills do do your self?

08-27-2009, 5:45 AM
PM sent.

08-27-2009, 8:21 AM