PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon sights on CZ-52

jared@barringtons.com
02-17-2005, 2:00 AM
As some of you know, I was hired to install some trijicon sights in to a guys CZ-52 slides. In exchange, he bought me my own sights.
I WANTED to buy a replacment barrel first, but after a more thural examination, it became clear that I could re-adjust these particulear ones later, and I wanted to make sure I had it right on my own gun before tinkering with someone elses, so I installed them tonight.
Turned out great. Rear sights were a bit wide, and front sights outright HAD to be trimmed on the sides ( which I had expected ) but in the end, they turned out very nice.
It REALLY changed the look of the gun though, quite a bit. I don't know that i'de say they make the gun look bigger, but they most certainley make it look different. Actually, they make it look more "tacticle" or modurn so to speek then anything.
In case you didn't know already, Trijicon does not make sights for the CZ-52. These sights were modified to fit the CZ. The front is a Sig Sauer sight, and the rear are baby eagle. What surpprised me is how well they fit eachother on the gun. Those of you who have any desire to do this to your CZ-52 ( if you have one ), the front and rear sights all together were only around $24 from www.cdnninvestments.com (http://www.cdnninvestments.com)

Being the gun it is, chambered for the ammo it fires, I as a long-range pistol silhouet shooter have been working for a while piece by piece to make this the perfict ( or as close to perfect as possable ) CZ-52 pistol, and at this time, can barely be recognised as the old, crusty surplus relic it once was. These sights were a large step, although their not finished ( in my mind at least ) until the gun has the new barrel ( extended federal stainless with my own porting ) and are sighted in to match the barrel.

jared@barringtons.com
02-17-2005, 2:00 AM
As some of you know, I was hired to install some trijicon sights in to a guys CZ-52 slides. In exchange, he bought me my own sights.
I WANTED to buy a replacment barrel first, but after a more thural examination, it became clear that I could re-adjust these particulear ones later, and I wanted to make sure I had it right on my own gun before tinkering with someone elses, so I installed them tonight.
Turned out great. Rear sights were a bit wide, and front sights outright HAD to be trimmed on the sides ( which I had expected ) but in the end, they turned out very nice.
It REALLY changed the look of the gun though, quite a bit. I don't know that i'de say they make the gun look bigger, but they most certainley make it look different. Actually, they make it look more "tacticle" or modurn so to speek then anything.
In case you didn't know already, Trijicon does not make sights for the CZ-52. These sights were modified to fit the CZ. The front is a Sig Sauer sight, and the rear are baby eagle. What surpprised me is how well they fit eachother on the gun. Those of you who have any desire to do this to your CZ-52 ( if you have one ), the front and rear sights all together were only around $24 from www.cdnninvestments.com (http://www.cdnninvestments.com)

Being the gun it is, chambered for the ammo it fires, I as a long-range pistol silhouet shooter have been working for a while piece by piece to make this the perfict ( or as close to perfect as possable ) CZ-52 pistol, and at this time, can barely be recognised as the old, crusty surplus relic it once was. These sights were a large step, although their not finished ( in my mind at least ) until the gun has the new barrel ( extended federal stainless with my own porting ) and are sighted in to match the barrel.

jnojr
02-17-2005, 9:55 AM
http://www.john-oliver.net/ttiwwp.gif