PDA

View Full Version : Allied Armament Closed their Doors???

darren916
08-26-2009, 4:39 PM
Does anyone know if Allied Armament is still in business?

I purchased a tripod from them back on June 3rd. They said that it was backlogged and it would be a month or so. Told them to cancel the order for it late July, checked my account in August and they never refunded the $450.

After repeated emails and phone calls this week and last week I still have not heard back from them. I just got off the phone with CC Co. disputing the charge.

CHS
08-26-2009, 5:22 PM
If they are, good effing riddance.

Nothing but exceptionally terrible service from those bastards.

edit: I really am sorry that you're having issues too. I hope that they can get resolved. I just had to vent when I saw their name.

Sig357
08-26-2009, 5:28 PM
Allied Armament has/had terrible customer service. I hounded them for 2 weeks until they finally refunded my money for a canceled order.

Your C.C. company will refund you the money. It may take 30 days, but at least you'll get it back.

GMG
08-26-2009, 5:44 PM
They're still selling on Gun Broker.:eek:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=138369961

Beatone
08-26-2009, 5:45 PM
Found this,

Hello,

It has come to our attention that your site 'www.alliedarmament.com' sells firearms. Unfortunately, the sale of firearms is prohibited by our Terms of Service. Section B.1.1.2 of the Member Agreement states:

"You agree not to sell, distribute, disseminate or link to any sites for marketing, sales, distribution of: firearms, explosives, ammunition,..."

You can review the Terms of Service online at 'www.homestead.com', click the 'legal' link. You may use the site for selling other products, however, we cannot allow a site that sells firearms.

If you wish to use the site for selling other products, please let us know. Otherwise, we will remove the site 'www.alliedarmament.com' on Monday August 17, 2009 and issue a full refund for the Storefront, Simple Store and domain name.

Regards

Homestead Compliance Team

Zebra
08-26-2009, 5:59 PM
Try this:
Homestead.com trying to shut our website down:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=212893

Didn't know they have a bad reputation here...

Frank

mike452
08-26-2009, 8:38 PM
oh.. the title worried me.. My Lifetime Warranty!!!!

ghost
08-26-2009, 8:58 PM
i`m surprised to hear about them having terrible customer service.i had a problem with one of my rifles and sent it out to them.allied armament also honored the lifetime warranty despite that i wasnt the original owner and did the repair free of charge.they gave me updates on what they repaired and had my rifle back to me within a week of receiving it.

DanHuuN
08-26-2009, 9:02 PM
i ordered the Magpul BAD from alliedarmory.com

They arent the same thing are they?

ghost
08-26-2009, 9:16 PM

no theyre two entirely different companies.

DanHuuN
08-26-2009, 9:57 PM
no theyre two entirely different companies.

Thats good to hear....I was getting worried

darren916
08-26-2009, 10:37 PM
Thanks Zebra,

I haven't peen perusing the boards as much lately... They were really nice to me when I placed the order and I've always heard good things about them. I just saw the sight was down, they hadn't gotten back to me after repeatedly contacting them and I remember them saying that they were outsourcing the manufacturing so when the website went down I put it all together and though they may have went under.

I'm sure that they will find this post and apologize for not getting back to me in a timely manner. Not trying to flame Allied for any reason, they make a great product. I'm just trying to get my refund that is due to me.

Try this:

Didn't know they have a bad reputation here...

Frank

CrazyJeep
08-26-2009, 10:42 PM
Here is some info for you guys:

http://whois.domaintools.com/alliedarmament.com

Beelzy
08-27-2009, 8:14 AM
They don't have a bad name just here............;)

Fate
08-27-2009, 9:44 AM
I'm sure that they will find this post and apologize for not getting back to me in a timely manner. ...I'm just trying to get my refund that is due to me.

:rofl2: Based on my experience with them, you're dreaming on first part and on second part, be prepared to wait, play phone tag, wait, be told check is in the mail, wait, make some more calls, wait, wait, be told the dog ate their records and they'll look into it, wait, wait, wait, make more calls which often go unanswered, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait...

basing110
08-27-2009, 10:33 AM
they have a bad rap here... the product i got was great quality, never had any issues with it. although the one bad thing was the time they prommised and the time i got my product

NRAhighpowershooter
08-27-2009, 2:45 PM
they have a bad rap here... the product i got was great quality, never had any issues with it. although the one bad thing was the time they prommised and the time i got my product

They have been banned from the 1919A4 forum... I ordered my 1919A4 and it took them 6 months to get it to me..I've had it since June last year and it after all my tinkering it still doesn't work right.....

Beelzy
08-27-2009, 3:56 PM
They have been banned from the 1919A4 forum... I ordered my 1919A4 and it took them 6 months to get it to me..I've had it since June last year and it after all my tinkering it still doesn't work right.....

Now that my man, sucks donkey sausage! :mad:

AlliedArmory
08-27-2009, 4:28 PM

whoa whoa whoa....that is not us.

aplinker
08-27-2009, 4:30 PM

I was in on the GB and ran like hell when I got 3 PM's from people who told me the same thing.

So glad I listened. :D

Flying Bones
08-27-2009, 4:39 PM
whoa whoa whoa....that is not us.

+1...
Talk about wrong name wront time...LOL...or not lol.

Allied Armament
08-31-2009, 9:38 AM
Our website host Homestead.com got purchased by Intuit two years ago. Intuits Terms of Service state that they will not allow gun sales through sites they host. They deleted our website and I am suing them for damages, it will be a long time before we see a penny from them. We have gotten a new host and should have a new much more advanced website up shortly. I have been reading through a lot of this thread and I am sorry so many people feel they have been rubbed the wrong way with our company, we for many years have provided a gun that was of high quality for an extrodinarily low price. However with that said I know that in the past we have not met our deadlines by a long shot, however we have changed our business practices tremendously. We do not sell surplus firearms anymore, as they are limited on parts and availability and have always had a verying spec wich caused problems for manufacturing and the end user. We now only sell surplus parts, contract manufacture guns for one company, and manufacture only new products like our new 50 round drum (for which we have total control over the quality and specs of parts). With total quality control and control of supply we will have no problem maintaining a strict business policy that will only be of the highest quality. Unfortunately our past will haunt us for years because it was such a mess and we experienced tremendous growing pains but hopefully over time people will see the change, just look at our gunbroker feed back from the last two months! http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewUserFeedback.asp?User=540812

NRAhighpowershooter
08-31-2009, 11:05 AM
ok..... so what happened to my broken sear that I sent back MANY months ago?????

darren916
08-31-2009, 2:05 PM
it will be a long time before we see a penny from them.
We will have no problem maintaining a strict business policy that will only be of the highest quality. Unfortunately our past will haunt us for years because it was such a mess and we experienced tremendous growing pains but hopefully over time people will see the change.

I'm understand small business growing pains, I'm glad to hear that you're trying to make a change for the better and I can appreciate that. Maybe you start by resolving this situation for me.

I'm also frustrated that I've been waiting to be refund $450 for a tripod from MONTHS ago. Could you please handle the situation and put it to bed. It's kind of pathetic that I had to post something on the form in order to get a response back. I understand if you don't want to discuss this in the form so please feel free to contact me via PM or my order details that Shauna and Sheena have multiple emails and voice mails about.

Allied Armament
08-31-2009, 2:16 PM
To be honest at this point I barely work for my own company anymore as I am working for another family company. However I still keep my foot in the door to catch problems on the internet and to keep in contact with our customers. Please pm me if you have any problems that need to be resolved, I can have the sear and refund handled immediately.

Thank you,

James Malarkey

Allied Armament (P.R. Department)

pauliedweasel
09-01-2009, 7:10 PM
I talked with Sheena at Allied today about ordering some parts.
She indicated that Allied is getting out of the manufacturing business.
I wasn't able to ask any more questions since she had another call
to answer. She will be calling me back about the parts I wanted and
I hope to find out more at that time.

Allied Armament
12-11-2009, 1:58 PM
Were Back, www.alliedarmament.com

NRAhighpowershooter
12-11-2009, 6:29 PM
Were Back, www.alliedarmament.com

oh really??? so where's my #$^%#$$!@# sear that was promised by you back on 8/31?? HHMMMmmm??????

CHS
12-11-2009, 7:01 PM
oh really??? so where's my #$^%#$$!@# sear that was promised by you back on 8/31?? HHMMMmmm??????

I gave up on getting my sears.

Months and months and months and months later I got a refund check though.