PDA

View Full Version : frustrated by decisions

sa champion
04-18-2005, 6:32 AM
Is anyone bothered by the SF gunband that your're tring to sell some or most of their collection?

It does bother me somehow. I've gave it a lot of thoughts about what I wanted to keep and sell those that I rarely shoot anymore. However, has anyone beening thinking back and forth that they might regret it after selling?

sa champion
04-18-2005, 6:32 AM
Is anyone bothered by the SF gunband that your're tring to sell some or most of their collection?

It does bother me somehow. I've gave it a lot of thoughts about what I wanted to keep and sell those that I rarely shoot anymore. However, has anyone beening thinking back and forth that they might regret it after selling?

bwiese
04-18-2005, 6:52 AM
Why are you selling?? !!!

The proposed San Fran. gun ban - even if passed, and even if eventually found to be not in violation of state preemption laws (not that likely) - only controls ownership/possession within SF city/county borders.

This law cannot control your ownership of handguns stored OUTSIDE the city somewhere else - a safe at a friend's house, a storage unit in Daly City or South SF, etc.

[And given that living in SF generally sucks, you could move 20 minutes away, north or south, and not even have to worry.]

But if you do decide to stay, and the law gets passed & is upheld, just move your handguns out. Keep the 12GA by the bed.

Bill Wiese
San Jose

RRangel
04-18-2005, 6:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SA Champion:

It does bother me somehow. I've gave it a lot of thoughts about what I wanted to keep and sell those that I rarely shoot anymore. However, has anyone beening thinking back and forth that they might regret it after selling? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do not sell anything. The ban is illegal and will not hold up to legal scrutiny. Diane Feinstein tried the same thing in the 80's and the courts shot it down remember?

If you're concerned leave the handguns with a freind out of town or rent some storage.

ivanimal
04-18-2005, 8:47 AM
I am sure I am among many who would be proud to keep your guns safe for you if this idiotic bill passes. There is no need to sell them off. I also worry about my moms gun safe and its contents if this passes. I may have to move it here or to my brothers place. This is just killing us.