PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with C&R App...please=)

marxdspot
08-25-2009, 9:30 PM
Hi All.

A fellow calgunner has finally talked me into applying for the 03FFL. I'm filling the form out, but I was wondering if any can enlighten me as to who the current Chief Law Enforcement Officer is for Los Angeles and his/her address? I'm trying to complete section 14. I'm probably making this harder for myself, but I just don't want any time wasted by filling in the wrong answer. Also, besides the copy of my application, will I need to send anything else (i.e. cover letter) to the officer? I will be very grateful for any help that anyone can provide. Thanks!

...umm William J. Bratton
150 North Los Angeles Street
Room 619
Los Angeles, CA 90012
213-485-3202

Is that right?

SJgunguy24
08-25-2009, 9:39 PM
Take it the agency that shows up if you call 911. I wouldn't even send a cover letter. Just drop it off at the front window. When I dropped mine at San Jose P.D. I was "given a talking to" that if "I had my way YOU PEOPLE WOULDN'T HAVE GUNS AT ALL, YOUR NOT A COP" by officer friendly at the front window. He also told me I have no idea what i'm talking about, even after I brought a letter from the sheriff's office.

Mssr. Eleganté
08-25-2009, 9:55 PM
...William J. Bratton
150 North Los Angeles Street
Room 619
Los Angeles, CA 90012
213-485-3202

Is that right?

Yes, that is 100% correct. Drop it in the mail and you are done. You don't need to make sure the Chief's office receives it or understands it. You are only required to mail it to the Chief's office.

I did include the cover letter suggested over on Cruffler.com, but it is not required...

Dear Chief Localpolice:

Enclosed please find, as per federal regulation, a copy of my ATF Form 7CR. You are not required to take any action with respect to the enclosed form. If I can be of any service, or if there are any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at the address above. With kindest regards, I remain

Very truly yours,

I.M. Gonnacollect

marxdspot
08-25-2009, 9:55 PM
Take it the agency that shows up if you call 911. I wouldn't even send a cover letter. Just drop it off at the front window. When I dropped mine at San Jose P.D. I was "given a talking to" that if "I had my way YOU PEOPLE WOULDN'T HAVE GUNS AT ALL, YOUR NOT A COP" by officer friendly at the front window. He also told me I have no idea what i'm talking about, even after I brought a letter from the sheriff's office.

But wouldn't you need a name and address for #14 (name of CLEO) in order to complete the form prior to sending it to the ATF?

marxdspot
08-25-2009, 10:18 PM
Great, thank you very much. Now I'm gonna get this sucka mailed out tomorrow. Thanks again for the help.

Yes, that is 100% correct. Drop it in the mail and you are done. You don't need to make sure the Chief's office receives it or understands it. You are only required to mail it to the Chief's office.

I did include the cover letter suggested over on Cruffler.com, but it is not required...

ZRX61
08-26-2009, 5:30 PM
LA City: Bratton
LA County: Baca