PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Mark III Hunter - Worth It?

interlazio
06-21-2005, 11:48 AM
Hey guys,

I was thinking about getting a Mark III Hunter .22 Pistol. I like the sight radius on the 6 7/8ths barrel and the fact that the Hunter Model is lighter than 5 1/2+ SS bullbarell models.

Mark III Hunter (http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/FAProdView?model=10118&return=Y)

Does anyone have the RUGER KMKIII678H Hunter pistol and do you think it's worth it? I've located this pistol NIB for 409.00. Is that a fair price to pay?

Thanks!

Aris

bear
07-05-2005, 10:44 AM
Sounds good to me.
I have the MKII Government Model (6 7/8" bull barrel) which I like a lot, EXCEPT, when you're shooting a while, that barrel gets heavy.

Some gunsmiths offer fluting for it, so the factory just got wise.

It's only a little 'over-priced' but what isn't in this state?

rkt88edmo
07-05-2005, 4:49 PM
I also have the KMK678GC and love it. I bought a 4" bull 22/45 for new shooters to shoot though. The heavier gun is harder to shoot unsupported for some people over an extended period of time.

Still pining for a TacSol upper,

ivanimal
07-06-2005, 7:05 PM
I have a Mark I that I bought at the SF Gun exchange years ago. It has never failed to fire. I would highly recomend these accurate little pups to anyone. $409.00 sounds fair to me. I like the newer model and all its improvements. I know I will get flack for this but the loaded chamber indicator is a great feature. I have a great respect for firearm safety, and like that feature.

stillbigmac
07-07-2005, 9:46 AM
Here I am to give it to ya....

Loaded chamber indicators are a poor substitute for safe handeling practices. The more people rely on them the more likely they are to have an accident.

Neet gun though.. it is after all rugers answer to CA law.

rkt88edmo
07-08-2005, 7:25 PM
& Ivanimal is the great guy I bought the 22/45 from. I'm the 3rd Calgunner to own it, and if I am not mistaken, maybe the 4th board member http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

It has made atleast 4 new shooters very happy so far!

ivanimal
07-09-2005, 2:25 PM
Martin I can only respect your opinion on this. I do however like any added safety feature. It will not impair my safe handling procedures, they are inherent. The feature helps when shooting with others.

Inoxmark
07-15-2005, 10:04 AM
I saw that model at Reed's yesterday, liked it a lot, did my research last night and went to buy it this morning. They were sold out. Sold 7 of them yesterday at $399, which is pretty much the lowest they are sold online. Ruger guy said they could order it but delivery could take until the end of the year. I decided to pass.

stillbigmac
07-15-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by ivanimal:
I do however like any added safety feature. It will not impair my safe handling procedures, they are inherent. The feature helps when shooting with others.

It's the others I'm worried about. I sell guns all the time with loaded chamber indicators.. Maybe I should point them out to people http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif