PDA

View Full Version : Help with research - Nevada County

kstrongsyj
08-25-2009, 5:00 AM
Hey all. I need some help doing research. I have been all over Google and cannot seem to find what I am looking for. I am looking at buying some property in Grass Valley (rural out of town stuff). The property I am looking at is 9 acres and change. I am sure this is enough to shoot on, but I want to verify the laws on shooting and the specific requirements for Nevada County and shooting on private property. Anyone know where I can find the laws? I have looked and looked. I am sure it is there and i am just not internet savvy enough to find it :( Any help would be greatly appreciated. :cheers2:

jeffm223
08-25-2009, 6:59 AM
Funny you should mention this, I just recently did an extensive search on this subject for my Dad. While you should double-check with local LE, here is the county doc covering firearms discharge:

https://docs.co.nevada.ca.us/dsweb/Get/Document-3940/GEN.CODE-VII%60Misdemeanors.pdf

The firearms discharge part starts on page 12.

apes
08-25-2009, 10:14 AM
There are alot of folks in NC who are opposed to firearms and even though is is permissible to shoot, if they don't like the noise they can complain

thatrogue
08-25-2009, 10:37 AM
there's alot of BAR's ups there (bay area refugees). They tend to make there fortune then move up here... look at how great that has worked out for El dorado county politics via El dorado hills

kstrongsyj
08-25-2009, 11:18 AM
Funny you should mention this, I just recently did an extensive search on this subject for my Dad. While you should double-check with local LE, here is the county doc covering firearms discharge:

https://docs.co.nevada.ca.us/dsweb/Get/Document-3940/GEN.CODE-VII%60Misdemeanors.pdf

The firearms discharge part starts on page 12.

My hero! Thank you sir!!!!!

Librarian
08-25-2009, 11:32 AM
As a general resource, see
Where can I read COUNTY and MUNICIPAL CODES? (http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Where_can_I_read_COUNTY_and_MUNICIPAL_CODES%3F)

kstrongsyj
08-25-2009, 7:56 PM
Awesome. Thanks. And I am aware of the people because I actually grew up there. Going to meet the potential neighbors this weekend ;)

dakobster81
08-26-2009, 11:58 AM
my uncle lives in nevada city just outside of grass valley, it is a little more rural that grass valley but only about ten minutes away. His house is on a few acres outside of city limits, he is county land, I think you can find this out by the house number in the address, I want to say if it's 5 digits is outside of city limits but you'll want to verify this obviously. I shoot on his property up there, but also there is a decent amount of BLM land up there and there's Tahoe National Forrest which you can shoot in also as long as you are far enough from the road, bodies of water, and campsites, you can go to a ranger station for a map more info.

adamsreeftank
08-26-2009, 6:43 PM
If you call the local sherrif they will tell you if it is allowed. The Nevada City sherrif told me it was OK as long as you are far enough away from structures. You always hear people shooting out there and I never had any problem with the neighbors.