PDA

View Full Version : FAL furniture

Mugwump
02-26-2005, 9:12 PM
I'm about ready to send out my FAL parts kit for a build and had a question regarding the furniture which I recently ordered from DSA. The furniture doesn't appear to be the same quality as the furniture on the complete rifle I ordered from DSA last year which has a deep rich black color. I called and asked them if they switched vendors, but they hadn't, and then they suggested that maybe it was the Duracoat. I didn't order Duracoat on that rifle.

Obviously this is only cosmetic, but the quality of the new new furniture looks cheap. Any suggestions?

Mugwump
02-26-2005, 9:12 PM
I'm about ready to send out my FAL parts kit for a build and had a question regarding the furniture which I recently ordered from DSA. The furniture doesn't appear to be the same quality as the furniture on the complete rifle I ordered from DSA last year which has a deep rich black color. I called and asked them if they switched vendors, but they hadn't, and then they suggested that maybe it was the Duracoat. I didn't order Duracoat on that rifle.

Obviously this is only cosmetic, but the quality of the new new furniture looks cheap. Any suggestions?

C.G.
02-26-2005, 9:15 PM
I don't know the answer to your question, but which complete rifle did you order and what is the accuracy and any other thoughts. I am thinking of ordering a DSA-SA58.

Mugwump
02-26-2005, 9:23 PM
I ordered the SA58 Carbine - California Model. Accuracy is pretty good, but then again I'm no pro and I haven't spent as much time with it as I have the M1A (very accurate), but I still consider it one of my favorite rifles. I believe DSA builds a quality rifle and my experience with their customer service is excellent.